Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Top Dog

Default Ok, if we're posting Greyhound pictures...

I just started looking at Greyhound rescues and saw this picture on one website.

...as we all know, Greyhounds are large dogs. But this dog's couch companion makes her/him look like a whippet.

Too cute.

http://www.greyhoundpetsinc.org/dogs...armakismet.jpg
Old 10-11-2008, 08:33 PM
swimming upstream

looks like an Irish wolfhound--gorgeous!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
We are Home.

who wants pics of greys??? I have a TON and if you got any grey especially rescue grey questions hit me up.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
who wants pics of greys??? I have a TON and if you got any grey especially rescue grey questions hit me up.
Man...if I hadn't just gotten a puppy I would SO be up for a Greyhound rescue. In fact, once I get a handle on my pup (haha...like that'll ever happen) I really think I'll seriously look into it.

I was reading a GREAT rescue website today and the dogs sound just darling. They sound like just what I would be looking for. I don't even find them particularly attractive, but their personalities seem wonderful and who doesn't want to take in an ex-athlete for a retirement of cuddling and play?!

Looks like a number of them are really good with other dogs, and even cats, which I wouldn't have guessed.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:33 PM
We are Home.

Most of them are VERY good with cats. One line we always use in our rescue is "they take retirement seriously" and they do. Most of the volunteers I know foster greys and own little dogs. We have a 9 lb havanese, the lady who fosters up to 6 at a time also has cats, a ital grey, whippet and a manchester. THey are great dogs. So I'm geussing pics are wanted . OH and when you do go that route do not and i repeat DO NOT get a grey under 2. You think your GSD is bad MUAH HA HA HA HA. THey are a BYB JRT on crack seriously LOL. We had a 6 mth old in and Diamond was worse then a ENTIRE LITTER of WORKING APBT!!!! And truthfully I think some of the ease in Walkers training was Scirracco. He was a already trained older dog that showed Walker the ropes.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
OH and when you do go that route do not and i repeat DO NOT get a grey under 2. You think your GSD is bad MUAH HA HA HA HA. THey are a BYB JRT on crack seriously LOL.

And truthfully I think some of the ease in Walkers training was Scirracco. He was a already trained older dog that showed Walker the ropes.
Hahaha...yeah, I kinda noticed from the descriptions that the ones around 3 and under were "full of energy" and "very playful", whereas the 5 year olds and above were described as being much more cuddly, sweet, gentle, easygoing, etc. I think Nova will be my last pup for a long time...possibly forever. And if I take that back later, someone refresh my memory!!

I was wondering about that...whether 2 dogs was easier than 1. So many people I know have a few and they keep each other company and learn from each other and are just less strain on the owner. Of course, adding another dog to a very rambunctious and challenging 4 month old would be...beyond stupid. But once her brain catches up with her and she settles down a bit (and once we have a good, solid relationship and she's going to listen to me a bit more reliably with other dogs around...) I would definitely consider it. It sounds like the retirees are all about routine and stability and that would definitely be beneficial for a puppy to pick up on.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:44 PM
We are Home.

It is and Scirracco at that time could give less then a carp what Walker did to him. He would either take it or give him a correction (throat growl) so Walker picked up doggy ettiquite VERY fast.

Scirracco as Robin Hood

Christmas Pictures- show how easy they are then certain shepards and Saints.

*more*

Old 10-11-2008, 11:45 PM
We are Home.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
We are Home.

his normal pose and place in the house (95% of the time this is him)

eating a popscicle

Old 10-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

hahahaha
The Grey's the only one in all the pictures that doesn't move in the slightest!