Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
I do not agree with forced sterilization under any circumstances.

What business does the government have telling me what I can and cannot do with my property?

What is next? Book burning? No red automobiles?
Amen to that!
Old 10-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

Whoa!!! I sparked quite the discussion, lol.

I hope none of you are getting pissy at me though. To let you know, I also don't agree with it for a lot of the same reasons that you all stated. Someone at our local SPCA was talking about it (while bitching about people who don't get their animals fixed when they should) so I decided to bring it here to see what you guys all thought.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-vie-en-vert View Post
Whoa!!! I sparked quite the discussion, lol.

I hope none of you are getting pissy at me though. To let you know, I also don't agree with it for a lot of the same reasons that you all stated. Someone at our local SPCA was talking about it (while bitching about people who don't get their animals fixed when they should) so I decided to bring it here to see what you guys all thought.
I personally did not see you as agreeing with it, and I was disagreeing with the idea--not with you. I thought you just wanted to see what other people thought about something you heard
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam111 View Post
I personally did not see you as agreeing with it, and I was disagreeing with the idea--not with you. I thought you just wanted to see what other people thought about something you heard
K good, lol. The post by "TheGoldenRetriever" just made me think "oh I hope people don't think this was my idea or that I agree with it.."
Old 10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
The moment dogs graduate from being property we are all sunk.
^^^ Very true, no matter how unpalatable that may sound. In the U.S. at least, you are consitutionally protected against unreasonable search, seizure, or invasion of your domicile, person, papers, effects or properties. This is but ONE reason why the extreme practices of BSL in places like Denver was so shocking ... some people's dogs, which are defined as property, were confiscated and destroyed. Renee's also quite correct that all the whining about "dangerous dog breeds" and mandatory spay/neuter is just distracting people from other pretty shocking things.

Just a while back there was that startling Supreme Court decision that grossly violated the 5th Amendment part that says "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." Private commercial developers can now successfully sue to take private property, like your house and land, without just compensation (like fair market value!) and without the purpose even being for public use!! Instead the commercial developer can put you and your neighbors out of your homes to build a strip mall or condo complex.

You'd think there would have been mass demonstrations in the streets ... you would think. But noooo, it went by with barely a peep from the Oprah-and-Dr.Phil-lovin-American-Idol-votin'-general-public.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
The post by "TheGoldenRetriever" just made me think "oh I hope people don't think this was my idea or that I agree with it.."
Nah, you already said you did not agree with it ... saw that.

Was just hoping to get you fired up on educating that scary person who had suggested it to you.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenRetriever View Post
Nah, you already said you did not agree with it ... saw that.

Was just hoping to get you fired up on educating that person who had suggested it to you.
I can try, but she's kind of a old batty...what's the word I'm looking for. I dunno, she's just stuck up. Why she works with animals when she hates them, I will never know, but whatever.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I can try, but she's kind of a old batty...what's the word I'm looking for. I dunno, she's just stuck up. Why she works with animals when she hates them, I will never know, but whatever.
There were a couple people like that when I worked at the Humane Society. I never understood it
Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Top Dog

why do petaphiles campaign against humane horse slaughter in the USA when horse owner/breeder associations tell them it'll lead to abandonment, neglect and increased inhumane slaughter in Mexico. why do they complain about the "unethical" raising of animals for food & dairying and turn around and euthanize over 85% of the animals dropped off at their shelter in VA Beach, animals th owners thought they were going to find a new home for. it's because these people are simply psychotic scum who want to force everyone to live the way they want them to and don't care about the damage they do in the process.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Felurian

Heheh . . . I think Pops may have nailed it there.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian