Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-11-2008, 07:42 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelSilverman View Post
I also wanted to everyone know that just because I train animals for a specific client does not mean I endorse or use their food. This year and last year I trained the animals in the IAMS and Purina commercials. However, I do not endorse nor do I feed either of these foods. They pay me to train the animals for the commercials, and nothing else.
This is good to know Joel. I was really hoping you wouldn't be in their corner on nutrition

I am not into obedience, agility, or any type of training beyond regular training at home. You know, the basics...........sit, stay, leave it, and of course good leash manners.

Then of course we have our little repertoire of cutesy stuff like play dead, shake, roll over. But nothing beyond that here for us, so you won't likely see me much on the training forum
Old 10-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Puppy Dog

Thanks.. I just wanted to clarify that....By the way, some of the best pet owners I have been around don't train their dogs to do much.... But they're obviously your best friends, and that's all that matters...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:09 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Here is a question. If you had a dog who had many behaviors, let's say, such as:

Carry an object
sit up
speak
stay
sit,down,come (of course)
head up/down
wave
bow

How would you go about getting this dog work in a local area?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Puppy Dog

Are you talking about for movie work and commercials, and if so what area? A lot of it depends on where you live.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:39 AM
RedyreRottweilers

I am in NC but am willing to travel.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Puppy Dog

The reason I mentioned the city is you want to find out what kind of market there is for providing this service. There are two searches I would do:
1. I would check and see if there were local production companies in your area. If so, that is a good thing. If there are quite a few, those would be your prospective clients.

2. I would check and see if there are still photographers in your area. A lot of what we do are still shoots too. So that is another market for you.

If you see that there are enough in your area, it may very well be worth your while to start setting up a business and providing these people with dogs. If that is the case I can help you take the next step.

The behaviors that you had listed are all the behaviors that they will probably be asking for too. With the RETRIEVE, I would not only train the dog to pick something up, but also bring an object to a person. There is a huge call for that. I would just make sure that you have some good distance on each behavior, because you never know where they will decide to put the camera. (20 feet) Remember that the easiest shot can turn into the hardest shot based on where the camera is.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelSilverman View Post
I also wanted to everyone know that just because I train animals for a specific client does not mean I endorse or use their food. This year and last year I trained the animals in the IAMS and Purina commercials. However, I do not endorse nor do I feed either of these foods. They pay me to train the animals for the commercials, and nothing else.
You do endorse Bil-Jac though and it's not much better...

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 10-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Puppy Dog

Yes it is, and it is all documented. But I am not going to use this forum or website to talk about other products, good or bad. This thread is about me helping you train animals for movies and commercials.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Pfft! I'll sic my vicious USA dogs on them!
I don't want to go back in my cage.
** jumps on PW just to have Iz and Fro sicced on me

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

off topic, but... Pedigree's new commercials drive me INSANE, I change the channel ( I really do ) until I think they are over..... The sound effects of the dog chewin the bone/food irritate me for some reason.... LOL

Sorry, had to say it.. LOL