Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum News and Announcements


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

Just remember .... don't say anything that wouldn't say directly to a person . It's " Chat " not " Gossip " .
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM
iwantmypup's Avatar
iwantmypup iwantmypup is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: I like oranges, California.
Posts: 4,683
Default

Anything I say in chat I am prepared to say on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-09-2008, 06:19 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmypup View Post
Anything I say in chat I am prepared to say on the forum.
and you would be modded on the forum if it was inappropriate just as you would in chat.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

^^^ that's the way it should be ! I welcome anyone who wants to put me down .... but I want my input too !



6
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 PM
iwantmypup's Avatar
iwantmypup iwantmypup is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: I like oranges, California.
Posts: 4,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
and you would be modded on the forum if it was inappropriate just as you would in chat.
Hell yes I would Tanya!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-09-2008, 06:31 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

Maybe some of you would like to start a Thread on what you would like ...............I'm sure Chaz would welcome any good changes . Like no members over 75 yrs old ?
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-09-2008, 06:40 PM
xpaeanx's Avatar
xpaeanx xpaeanx is offline
<----Thanks Allie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Maybe some of you would like to start a Thread on what you would like ...............I'm sure Chaz would welcome any good changes . Like no members over 75 yrs old ?

??? why not grammy? what's wrong with being over 75?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Maybe some of you would like to start a Thread on what you would like ...............I'm sure Chaz would welcome any good changes . Like no members over 75 yrs old ?
Oh come on... haven't you heard? 75 is the new 30
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Snip's Avatar
Snip Snip is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Default

So I understand that the chat is 'recorded' and also now that mods can be present but invisible?

Sigh...seems big brother just keeps getting bigger.

I will say, occasionally I will say things in chat I wouldn't in the forum. Reason being, when in chat, one knows EXACTLY who the audience is, whereas on the forum it could be anyone. Now, to clarify, the things I'm referring to would be more apt to be talk about...say drinking, for example. Joking about drinking when you know the audience is okay with it and responsible enough, is different than posting it in a thread where a bunch of young kids can read it and be influenced incorrectly.

Still doesn't mean any 'rules' are being broken, or anyone is being hurt or singled out though by any means!
__________________
Keeper of the misfits, Kaiden-JRT, and Dash-Long-Haired Whippet!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Saje Saje is offline
Island dweller
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip View Post
So I understand that the chat is 'recorded' and also now that mods can be present but invisible?

Sigh...seems big brother just keeps getting bigger.

I will say, occasionally I will say things in chat I wouldn't in the forum. Reason being, when in chat, one knows EXACTLY who the audience is, whereas on the forum it could be anyone. Now, to clarify, the things I'm referring to would be more apt to be talk about...say drinking, for example. Joking about drinking when you know the audience is okay with it and responsible enough, is different than posting it in a thread where a bunch of young kids can read it and be influenced incorrectly.

Still doesn't mean any 'rules' are being broken, or anyone is being hurt or singled out though by any means!
No one is worried about those kinds of things. Especially if you consider your audience. It's the bigger ones like bashing members and hurting feelings. Do you really think people are complaining because members are talking about drinking? or sex even? No. Please see my original post. I said that it is understood that chat is different but people need to keep the rules in mind and it's not a place where people can go to bash others and not get caught.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site