10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Join Date: Dec 2004
This is a friendly reminder that the chat room should follow the same rules as the forum. There is room for some flexibility as it`s rule time and you need to consider your audience.
But we have received complaints about some of the content of the chat these days. So please remember that chat is meant to be fun! It`s not meant as a chance to badmouth other members.
Originally Posted by chazhound
Chazhound Dog Forum Rules
Registration to the Chazhound Dog Forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
Although the administrators and moderators of Chazhound Dog Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Chazhound Dog Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. will be held responsible for the content of any message.
Chazhound Forum does not allow any post or messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Chazhound Dog Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Chazhound Forum Participation Guildlines:
1. Please be respectful to other members and moderators. You don’t have to like or agree with everyone, but please state your thoughts in a respectful manner. Absolutely no name calling. No personal attacks.
2. Do not “bash” new members because they don’t know about puppymills, backyard breeding or any other practice you may not agree with. Don't jump to conclusion about new members. They may not be a "troll" just because they ask a question that seems obvious to others. Education is the best way the change any problem.
3. If you are having a problem with a member contact a moderator. They are online throughout the day. You can find out who is a moderator under “Forum Leaders” on the main page. There is a “report post” button on each post which will send an email out to moderators and admin. You can also use the “ignore user” feature located in your User CP if you don’t want to deal with a particular member. Not everyone will get along at all times and this is a great feature in a lot of circumstances.
4. Moderators will deal with each circumstance as they come up. In most situations they will privately talk to individuals where necessary. If the issue is not resolved and the behavior continues, a time-out or permanent banning may be necessary. Moderators will weigh each case individually. Banning is avoided when possible, except with obvious trolls and spammers. Most of the moderator actions will be carried out privately to allow members who are given a temporary time-out and allowed to return to do so without public embarrassment.
5. If you are contacted by a Moderator about your actions on the forum you are expected to respond in a civil, rational manner. Failure to act accordingly will result in an immediate suspension of posting privileges.
6. Trolls. A troll is someone who comes to a forum and the majority of their posts are meant to cause trouble and upset people. If a member's first posts are along these lines they will be banned. If a regular member starts baiting other members they will be talked to and dealt with as necessary.
7. Spam. Chazhound does not allow not spam nor the solicitation of members through private messages or email. If the moderators hear reports of this, you will be banned.
8. If you have a website you would like to promote, feel free to post about it once in the dog sites forum and add the url to your signature. You can use that forum to give updates on your site. Any two threads about the same site will be merged together.
9. Signatures. Members are given a lot of freedom with signatures. If your signatures are causing problems (i.e. offensive material; size) with other members, please be respectful and modify it.
10. There shall be only one member using each account and each member should have only one account. If members are found to be using more than one account, it will be dealt with as necessary under the circumstances. Do not share your password. Only you should have access to your account. This helps to prevent the "my sister logged on and posted/spammed" sort of issue. If you would like to change your name or have a new account made, you must have an extremely good reason. Please PM the administration (Chazhound) and let them know so they can evaluate your request. Name changes can be done, but are rare and very confusing for other members. Special circumstances are required.