Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Just try me..

hmm just another saftey issue. What if your dog was highly allergic to the ingredients of the treats?

Also we to a lot of proofing in obed. But the dif is that the tug toys are in the hand and in someones control. Now if the person started playing wildly with the dog if they went for the toy.. then it would be the same. I don't really practice for Rally, but I train with open bowls when I do. The paper in these bowls was very interesting (never thought the need to train with paper in the bowl lol) even Dekka went over to see what was up with the food smelling paper.

Everyone who's dog went over that I talked to had never done so before. Seems the addition of paper (not allowed according to how I read the rules) intrigued many dogs. Yes in a way it is a training issue. But who would have thought you would need to proof having paper in the bowl? The best smelling food ever-yes, plain white paper-no. It would be like in obed having a broad jump made out of stuffed toys. Yes you can train for it.. but who would expect to have to?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Ark Lady

Good that you brought it to the attention. I'd spend some time working on retraining in higher distraction situations so if you face this again you'll have been luck.