Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Top Dog

Do you know if the milk they claim is RDH (not sure if that is the right hormone) free is actually free of that hormone or is it just another ploy to get more money out of me? I buy that for my boys, they'll go through puberty plenty fast for me already! Thank goodness I should at least have another five years before the first one starts. (Ages 2 and 5)

Old 08-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Felurian

There is one brand called Organic Farms that seems to be pretty clean.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Manchesters

Too much liver will give a dog VERY loose stool. It is too "rich". It is also loaded with cholesterol......do dogs have problems with clogged arteries? If not, we need to find out why not, and bottle it for humans!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Felurian

I don't believe they do have the same problems handling fats, Manchesters. Shoot, I'd LOVE to have Kharma's metabolism . . . she just gets longer and taller and grows more muscles.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I don't believe they do have the same problems handling fats, Manchesters. Shoot, I'd LOVE to have Kharma's metabolism . . . she just gets longer and taller and grows more muscles.
I've seen a lot of overweight dogs and I mean REALLY overweight, but your saying they don't get cholosteral?? That would be awesome! LOL
Old 08-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Quigleyfied

cholesterol isn't an issue for dogs. their digestive system and metabolism is well adapted to utilize fats as a source of energy.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
cholesterol isn't an issue for dogs. their digestive system and metabolism is well adapted to utilize fats as a source of energy.
Wow that must be nice!!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Top Dog

Wow, I have a high cholesterol from the genetics. I heard I have to watch what I eat, even tho I don't, lol. It will still be awesome to not have a prob with cholesterol
Old 08-07-2005, 10:20 AM

i feed liver as a part of a homemade diet and i take an extra trip to buy organic. because vitamins A and D are fat soluable vitamins, meaning they are stored in the fat and excess is not expelled in the urine, there is a possibility of overdose. it is important to not feed too much liver, especially if you are already feeding a commercial diet that is high in vitamin A.