Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

Default Brady's other breed in him

What else do you think he has in him? I was told when I got him that his father was a golden retreiver and his mom was a lab. I saw the mom and she didn't look like she was full blooded lab. I am beginning to wonder about the whole golden retreiver part. He does look it in ways but his face and his paws and even the way his tail is reminds me of something else. I can't quite put my finger on it either. I don't care, it is just I find it interesting. I was looking through a dog book about all breeds that I have (I told you I find it interesting) and his face and his ears look so much like a Maremma Sheepdog. I was flipping through and I saw this pic of the one in here and the expression on the dogs face and how the ears are look just like Brady's face, so I was wondering if anyone can see what else he may have in him, or at least take a wild guess?

Old 08-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Felurian

Brady's face, especially the eyes and ears, remind me of a Great Pyrenees. You can take a look at www.molosserdogs.com
Old 08-29-2004, 07:16 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Is his tongue dark, or is it just bad lighting in the picture? Could possibly have Chow in him. Maybe some pictures of him standing up, showing off that tail of his could help. I love guessing the breeds

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 08-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Show Dog

I don't know, I suck at guessing breeds, but he's a doll!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

Ok here is a full bodied picture of him. His tongue is not really dark so it must just be the pic or something. But at least here you can see the tail. His tail is a lot furrier now too, the fur is much longer looking.

Old 08-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Brady's face, especially the eyes and ears, remind me of a Great Pyrenees. You can take a look at www.molosserdogs.com
Yes his eyes and ears really do remind me of a Great Pyrenees also. I looked at the Maremma again on your site you gave and that pic didn't look as much like him as the one in my book did. He does have the ears and eyes and his facial expressions remind me of them too. he just does not have the weight, which could just come from his mom though. He is about 70 pounds and she looked like she (the mom) was about 55 pounds if I were to guess. He even has the slightly more tan spots on his paws too. They are just a little more tan than the rest of him, but not much. You can see them fairly well though.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Are you dead yet?

I can see lab & golden, but SOMETHING ELSE gave him those ears, and it's driving me crazy!

They look like GSD ears that just flopped to the side, and he has a bit of GSD appearance in his eyes...
Old 08-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Active Pup

I think he's exactly what you were told - Golden Retriever and Lab cross. I see absolutely NO german shepherd or Great Pyrenees at all. He'd be much bigger by now if he had Pyrenees in him. And Chows have that blunt, heavy snout on them - something he definately doesn't have!

Randi
Old 08-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Felurian

Brady's parentage will give you all sorts of excuses to look at those wonderful dog books and scan every dog breed website you can find for years to come. There's no telling what kind of genes are lurking in there. One thing's for sure, though, he's a handsome fellow and that face just radiates intelligence and good nature.

It will be interesting to note his behaviour as he gets older, whether he only likes retrieving games, or also finding games and if he exhibits any desire to make things, other animals and/or people go where he wants them to go or gather together in groups. That can tell you a lot.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

That is a good point Renee. I will just have to watch him as he gets older. He is still only 10 months so he just kind of wants to tug stuff with you and have you chase him. He won't really bring me a ball or anything back yet, but he is getting better at it. Though he does like to jump and climb stuff I have noticed lately. We are in a developing neighborhood a little out in the country and there are big dirt piles and he loves to run up those and stand up there and run down them. He definently loves playing no matter what it is though. He is very smart with a bit of a defiant edge. Not always, but he will let you know when he wants something and you are not giving it to him.