Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Top Dog

Default is it a breed thing???

this may sound silly, and not interesting, but i as wondering...when phoenix sleeps he rolls up in a ball. when Magnum sleeps he puts his face between his 2 front paws, and has one leg to the side. u can see it in my sig.now, we have had 3 rotties in our life, and they all seem to do the same thing. is it a coincidence or is it a breed thing? if so, why do they sleep like that??
Old 07-31-2005, 04:00 AM
Wolfpack

I think it's a coincidence...I don't think it has to do with the breed.Amira sleeps in every position possible...lol
Hmm...maybe she's a mixed breed lol Kidding

Old 07-31-2005, 05:53 AM
Top Dog

Coincidence, I think. Peanut does the fur ball routine, and she sleeps in the same position as Magnum. Depends on mood or just whats plain comfortable.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Stare at my avatar....

Yeah probalt just coincidence. Belly sleeps all stretched out. Sometimes on her back or curled up too.

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 07-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

My dogs never sleep in the same position.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Top Dog

o u got magnum....awwww
sry i know out of topic....but does he like pheonix?
Old 07-31-2005, 11:22 AM
no touchy

My girls all have their own sleeping positions - Colby likes to lay on her side with her feet pressed up against the couch, May likes to curl up into a ball, and Tippy likes to tuck three legs under her while one of her front legs goes out behind her and then she lays her head on the floor.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

I think it could be a breed thing. They're all built differently so maybe certain positions are more comfortable to certain breeds. My GSDs all folded that last joint on their front legs under them when they were lying around with their heads up. My Lab would always cross her front feet....too cute. I notice my Dobe does like my GSDs with that long bone in the front leg...folding it under alot of the time...just one. LOL. He also will get in these positions which look horribly uncomfortable to me. LOL. He will almost sit upright on the couch with his front legs up on the back rest and his head way way craned up and out away from his body...his nose pointing so oppposite from everything else. His neck is all twisted and he'll sometimes have his nose up against the wall. He's too weird. I hear this type of stuff from other Dobe owners. Just one more entertaining thing about Dobes. LOL. They do weird things.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA
o u got magnum....awwww
sry i know out of topic....but does he like pheonix?
i posted this in a diff thread:
they sniffed each other, and magnum looked a little "weird".lol and then phoenix sniffed magnum's ear which is infected, and magnum growled at him, and phoenix was scared. a few seconds later, they sniffed each other again, and they were fine. theyre going their own way though. they dont lpay together, maybe because magnum is too old to play.lol phoenix put his front paws on magnums back and they started fighting. i yelled then they stopped. magnum's not feeling good due to his ear infection, i guess, but it's going to be taken care of tomorrow. i walk them both at the same time..they get along great while i walk them, and like i said in the house, they realy dont giev a **** about each other.lol phoenix finishes the food that magnum is leaving behind..no food agression there...
Old 07-31-2005, 01:08 PM
stirder

my gsd's sleep/slept in every postition their bodies could possibly fit in, and some that looked impossible. so, dont know, think its a individual dog thing.