THinking of upgrading from KS

Saje

Island dweller
So I think I might try to upgrade from KS. I pay $27 a bag for KS and would be willing to pay $40-$50 for a better food but here they are so expensive! I was just at petcetera and go natural is $80 :eek: I can't do that.

What should I try? How much is orijen?

Toller_08

Petcetera is really expensive - are there any small petstores around you? They usually have much better prices.

When I bought Orijen, it was $57 for the largest bag. And I know my mom pays $62 for Now. Those are the most inexpensive we've been able to find. What about Acana? It might be cheaper, but I'm not sure as I've never personally fed it. It's made by the same company as Orijen, but isn't grain free.

Saje

Island dweller
yeah it's kirkland.

I was thinking about Orijen. Or Taste of the WIld but I suspect that's quite expensive here. We have a bosley's and a couple smaller, private stores. I guess I'll have to go find them :p

Is it just me or has petcetera gotten worse? I still like that they help shelter animals but they just don't seem to have quality products anymore. Or maybe tehy never did? And it's so expensive. Still fun to wander around in though! lol

Maxy24

I'm not sure what sized bag you are talking about but I do not think Taste of the Wild is all that expensive, do you have somewhere near you that sells it?

Petcurean foods (GO! and NOW!) are extremely pricey. They're good foods, don't get me wrong, but there are other good foods that aren't as expensive.

Saje

Island dweller
I'm not sure what sized bag you are talking about but I do not think Taste of the Wild is all that expensive, do you have somewhere near you that sells it?
I'm not sure yet. And I'm talking about the big bag. 33 lbs or whatever is closest

Petcurean foods (GO! and NOW!) are extremely pricey. They're good foods, don't get me wrong, but there are other good foods that aren't as expensive.

yeah! I'm noticing. I was thinking about going with summit and supplementing raw when i can

Maxy24

Well by looking at pet food direct TOTW is in the mid forty dollar range, I'm not sure how different the online price is from the usual store price, I know for my cat food it only showed it about $1 cheaper so it was pretty accurate.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah but that's american pricing. It will get shipped to Canada and then out to the island so that's much more costly. Although if it was around 60 that would be great

Toller_08

Not sure how much different price wise is for dog food between AB and BC, but TOTW is $58-65 in the stores I've seen it in around here.

Actually, come to think of it, not one quality food here is any less than about $55 and many go up to $75. It's absurd.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah I know :( Maybe I'll look into finding a decent butcher and go back to raw. I don't know!

Members online

No members online now.