Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Dafuq?

I don't know if the flagging would be a reliable test. Terra never flagged at all in her first heat.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
So you are saying that if a dog does not flag you will not breed at all during that heat?
Yes, I would breed the bitch. Flagging can help determine the days to breed but it does not affect fertility in any way.

Quote:
Is that a test you would use on dogs at a trial to see if they were in heat?
No. At lure coursing trials, all animals must go through a check in prior to being able to run. Bitches are gently swiped with a tissue to see if there is any discharge indicating that she could be in season.

Hope this helps
Old 09-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodelDogs View Post
Yes, I would breed the bitch. Flagging can help determine the days to breed but it does not affect fertility in any way.

No. At lure coursing trials, all animals must go through a check in prior to being able to run. Bitches are gently swiped with a tissue to see if there is any discharge indicating that she could be in season.

Hope this helps
Not really.

I know, my Bounce gets wiped every time we go to race. I know that.

Did you read the other thread?

I am asking when breeders breed if you had to pick on discharge. (or flagging is fine, but then would you use it for a test at a 'generic trial'

The trial in the other thread is NOT a sighthound trial. They had no protocol. I suggested the Kleenex test.. but it 'apparently sighthounds have faster heats' so its only applicable to them

I have been breeding for 4 years now, I am not a newbie. These questions are significant in 'polling' breeders.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Not really.

I know, my Bounce gets wiped every time we go to race. I know that.

Did you read the other thread?

Quote:
I am asking when breeders breed if you had to pick on discharge. (or flagging is fine, but then would you use it for a test at a 'generic trial'
I answered the questions that were posed in this thread. This forum is simply too large and fast moving to expect people to automatically know that there are two linear threads on the same topic without clearly stating such. If you want responses to questions or comments posed in seperate threads, it would be helpful to quote or link from the other thread. Thank you.