Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
just call me Nilly

Default Okay fess up

what "people foods" do you share with your dogs?

So long as it's not toxic, covered in spices/seasoning, or super processed, I'll share with Sierra. She's sharing my sweet potato fries with me right now, and I gave her the tomato slice off my burger.

I'm not one who believes that people food is taboo for dogs, since she's raw fed and her staple diet is essentially "people food" anyways. Everything in moderation, in the form of a treat, I feel is just fine.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

Anything that isn't known to be bad for dogs. They love carrots. I don't give them large amounts of anything--I'm talking like a bite or a fry or something. If they aren't begging me or bothering me, they can have a bit.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
<----Thanks Allie

um... this is prob bad but McDonald hamburgers and Hotdogs.... and pretty much everything.

When I take Keeda on roadtrips, I dont' really pack food(for me or her)... so whatever I eat, she eats. I just order two meals...
Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Top Dog

Oh, and once or twice a summer, I buy them a vanilla ice cream cone to share
Old 09-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Angel Chicken

I share with Kona all the time. Little bites of stuff here and there.

The most recent was Saturday, Rob, the boys, Kona, and myself went to Sonic for dinner and ice cream. Of course Kona didn't get a whole burger or anything for herself, but since she has been dieting for the past few weeks, I figured she deserved a treat, so I gave her like 3 tater tots, and got her a single scoop of vanilla ice cream to enjoy.

And going off topic for a second:

This was the first time Kona had actually been somewhere to eat with us, she did SO amazing! She was full of loves and wags for all the people around us, and the Sonic staff were just tickled pink with a well behaved dog.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Back of the Pack

None. My food is my food and there food is there food.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Felurian

Anything that's not toxic.

Kharma likes to share a slurp of my GF Cafe Francais in the morning

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Just try me..

I share anything not toxic with who ever is around. LOL its still MY food even if I am sharing. I can hold food in my hands sitting on the couch, gesture with the food filled hand in front of my dogs and they won't touch it.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:04 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I share anything not toxic with who ever is around. LOL its still MY food even if I am sharing. I can hold food in my hands sitting on the couch, gesture with the food filled hand in front of my dogs and they won't touch it.
Keeda was REALLY good at leaving food alone, then I let my brother watch her for about 8 months while I was in Europe... and he basically let her eat off his plate with him. So, it took me a LONG time to get her to stop begging... now she know's "mommy's food is mommy's," but she still tries to sneak one over on other people....
Old 09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Lucy's amazingly good with people food. She doesn't beg at all, though she loves to lay under the table, just because she wants to be close to people.

We'll give her scraps of meat AFTER dinner, and in her bowl, or pour the meat juice over her kibble.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG