Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Walks into Mordor

Mine chomp them down like crazy. I've given them several pigs' feet apiece for a meal, and they're gone within a few minutes. But then again, mine are like that with most of the raw they get. The only time they get the bury urge is if I give them too much.

I do wish that Zeus would like organs more, though. *sigh* Voodoo happily eats anything I give him. But Zeus will not eat organs unless I puree them and mix them with yogurt and other yummy stuff.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Queen of the Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
I do wish that Zeus would like organs more, though. *sigh* Voodoo happily eats anything I give him. But Zeus will not eat organs unless I puree them and mix them with yogurt and other yummy stuff.
Have you tried offering it to him frozen? Bosco was like that too ~it took over a year before i could just hand him a little piece and he'd eat it out of my hand.
I also tricked him into thinking he was getting something "special" because i would offer it to him (a fingernail sized piece) when i was standing at the kitchen counter ~he thought he was getting something special that Kona wasn't hooo-boy he's a funny dog.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Walks into Mordor

Oooh, I like the frozen idea! I notice my boys love chomping on frozen meats. I'll give that a try. I've tried tricking Zeus into thinking a bit of organ meat is a treat, but he just spits it out and gives me this look: "Umm...NO."
Old 09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

Whoops! I was thinking of the hoof. I find those stuffed and my dogs love em!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

This is about a foot long and 2lbs. I guess it's the foot and part of the shin.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Queen of the Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
Oooh, I like the frozen idea! I notice my boys love chomping on frozen meats. I'll give that a try. I've tried tricking Zeus into thinking a bit of organ meat is a treat, but he just spits it out and gives me this look: "Umm...NO."

yes, a liversicle is what helped get some of it into his belleh. . . . but it was a good 14 or 16 months even before he'd take even a thumbnail sized piece from my hand. He's still not crazy about it, but if I give him some the morning after a fast day, he's all over it.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:25 AM
and Fozzie B!

I feed the whole feet all of the time... they are VERY popular around here! I also enjoy grossing my friends out with them. ; )

Since they are 2-3 lbs, I get my butcher to split them in half, down the middle. It usually takes them an hour to eat, because I feed them half-frozen.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie