Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
TY Bunny and all.

Reggin, I have no doubt those are purebred Rottweilers. Generally the first things to go in a breeding program where people are not educated enough about pedigrees and the breed in general are head type and bone strength.

Then come the big yellow markings. It is not hard to find a LOT of purebred Rottweilers that look like the photos of the ones you posted. Often they have breed character that is still intact, but the type goes down the tubes very fast.
I am sure it takes work and dedication to keep excellent structure that is seen in the rotties like yours. I just wish there were more breeders who actually knew what they were doing.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

They are SO gorgeous! One of my very, very favorite breeds. I've grown up with rotties since I was six years old. I can't wait until I move out and I can have my own rottweiler again.
Two of the rotts I grew up with have passed on and are dearly missed. Harley is 10 years old and he lives next door to me with his "dad."
Anyway, if Mike and Milton are missing later I had NOTHING to do with it.

By the way, I'm feeling the need for some Penny pics, too.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:31 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I also want to add that there are MANY Rottweilers, and even some who come from excellent breeding, who might be lacking somewhere in breed type. These dogs make wonderful pets, companions and working dogs. They are all beautiful in the eyes of the people who love them.

What they look like is really so UNimportant unless the dog is going to be bred or shown. I love all Rottweilers no matter what they look like.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm All Ears

I love rotts. Your boys are just stunning. Their heads are gorgeous.

Hannah was not nearly as typey as your dogs, she had a less distinct head. But boy could that dog work those cows. She was a fabulous dog and I definitely plan on getting a rott in the far future. Unfortunately they're a no go while I'm renting.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
I also want to add that there are MANY Rottweilers, and even some who come from excellent breeding, who might be lacking somewhere in breed type. These dogs make wonderful pets, companions and working dogs. They are all beautiful in the eyes of the people who love them.

What they look like is really so UNimportant unless the dog is going to be bred or shown. I love all Rottweilers no matter what they look like.

Hear, hear! Harley is quite out of standard, not as much as the ones previously posted in this thread, but he's way oversized, and has a "softer" face and a lower ear set, etc. He's unfortunately been allowed to be quite overweight. When he was with me that was never an issue.
He has a big heart, though, he's strong and capable, protective but not aggressive, and such a sweetheart.

Old, crappy, disposible camera pic, but here's my buddy.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Twin 2.0

I can't wait until I can get my Rottweiler. I hope s/he will look something like Red's dogs!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Red, you gotta stop posting these pictures. You are making me want a Rottie.

Gah. The list of breeds I want to own gets longer and longer...
Old 09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Who woulda thought <3

they are gorgeous as always Red

but having the pleasure of seeing them in person, the pics just dont do them justice, they are wonderful boys, and penny is a doll
Old 09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Squishy22

Quote:

I have to say that I've met a dozen or so rotties in my day. Products of BYBs, and the majority had classic rottie temperament. They might not look perfect, but they were confident protectors none the less. I've never met one that was not friendly when out in public or after the owner invited me into their house either. I've always said that if I got a guardian breed, it would be a rottie. My fiance is a dobe person, but I tend to get what I want. hehe.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
Hear, hear! Harley is quite out of standard, not as much as the ones previously posted in this thread, but he's way oversized, and has a "softer" face and a lower ear set, etc. He's unfortunately been allowed to be quite overweight. When he was with me that was never an issue.
He has a big heart, though, he's strong and capable, protective but not aggressive, and such a sweetheart.

Old, crappy, disposible camera pic, but here's my buddy.

He looks like a sweet guy.