Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Top Dog

Default What kind of "pooper scooper"?

I know it's a topic we all wish we didn't have to deal with and maybe some of us are lucky enough not to have to but I am wondering what kind of pooper scoopers you all use and how efficient they are. I bought one of the one's with the long handle with the scoop and the rake and I was not impressed. I ended up going back to a cat litter scooper and a garden spade. What works for you?

Old 07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Island dweller

I have the first one you mentioned I think. It's for horses but I've always used it for dogs too. I love it. Good for picking up all the other pieces of toys out there too.

These are them:

http://www.jeffersequine.com/ssc/pro...NVGV6745MKAVRD
Old 07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
yuckaduck

I bought a plastic kids shovel from canadian tire for $5 can and that is what I use but I never have to pick it up because the second Yukon assumes the poistion the shovel goes under bum and he poops right on it. Then out it goes in plastic bag.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

Lol that's great.

I use a cat litter box scooper. It's ok, really not fun when it rains though, but I guess nothing short of a spoon would work then... Sorry if too much info :P
Old 07-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Iggy and Kitty Mom

I don't have a scoop...it's 2 plastic bags for me...one for my hand and one for the poo. I'm sure once she gets a little bigger I'll be wanting the scoop.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Top Dog

I also use 2 plastic bags. I bought the pooper scooper you have listed above and I hated it. It's so much easier for me to put a baggie on my hand, pick it up and put it in a plastic bag... Seal it up and out to the garbage it goes. I try to do this every 2 days since I have 3 of them pooping twice a day... They maybe yorkies but that is still alot of poop...LOL
Old 07-29-2005, 09:11 AM
yuckaduck

At least one thing is you are all picking up after your dogs. YEAH so many don't and then we step in it and gross. I love my shovel and it goes everywhere that the dog goes and people never ever say anything if the dog walks on the edge of their grass because they know I always pick up after my dog. Makes for nicer neighbours too. Congradulations for being responsible dog owners because way too many aren't.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Top Dog

I'm lucky because Boris doesn't usually poops on walks. He has done it twice only. The yard is a mining field though I pick up what I can every 3 days, but when the grass is too high (husband is slacking, lol) I probably miss half of them...
Old 07-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Iggy and Kitty Mom

Raika won't poop or pee anywhere but our yard. She's weird like that...it cracks me up because she will PULL like crazy on a walk to get home, then run up in the yard and pee. I guess that's good manners on her part? LOL.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:34 AM
owned by our dogs

Default How we do it

lol our dogs wont go in the garden the will only go when we take them out so it lots of walks for us lol .
anyway we use plastic bags (cheap and very bio .d)