Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
You got some really good shots out of that batch. This is the best thing to do with any camera, is just to play around with it. I can't tell you how many pics I hvae that are just playing with exposures and settings and stuff.

Good job!
Thank you. I've read the manual about 5 or so times. Doing different things with my camera each time. This is the first time I've ever used the manual modes. Shame on me, lol. Its very fun.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kela View Post
Do dogs learn not to get tangled on zipline type things? My dog manages to get tangled up on a simple 6 foot lead sometimes, I'm amazed that other dogs have figured out the whole "this is string..don't twist it through your legs" concept!
Well, sometimes he will get tangled if he rolls around in the grass. He jumps around to get loose, and that works. I've never had to rescue him from being tangled. Only when he wraps himself around the tree. I hear this horrible crying and yelping sound, so I run outside to find him stuck around a tree.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Island dweller

You got some really good shots and your whites look pretty balanced in most of them. It's really tricky. Nice job. Gotta say that aperture and shutter priority is not manual. lol The M is full manual. But you'll get their. A and S is a good transition and I find it helps you take faster shots if you are shooting action in various lighting situations.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
You got some really good shots and your whites look pretty balanced in most of them. It's really tricky. Nice job. Gotta say that aperture and shutter priority is not manual. lol The M is full manual. But you'll get their. A and S is a good transition and I find it helps you take faster shots if you are shooting action in various lighting situations.
Yeah, I figured that out AFTER a read a page further in the manual about M, but I had already took the pics. lol. And thank you. . I'll have to take him out again when its nice out, which is rare.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Island dweller

Can't wait to see them! I think I might take Nanook out for some "action" shots tomorrow. If I get motivated lol
Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
Can't wait to see them! I think I might take Nanook out for some "action" shots tomorrow. If I get motivated lol
Oooh, I'd like to see those!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Island dweller

Well now I feel obligated! lol

Actually if my plans work out tomorrow we are going on a nice walk where I may even see sea lions and whales if we are really really lucky. But there will definitely be dogs. Or at least nanook. mav doesn't fit in the car well
Old 09-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Top Dog

Great pics!! Reggin is adorable, and I love Skittles!! I think the pics look great..and I know what you mean about having difficulty photographing white dogs when the sun is bright! Charlotte is the same color as Reggin. And then inside I have trouble photographing my black pets.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Just try me..

Hey you got some really good shots! LOL I have read my manual sooo many times now. The first time I read it, it was like it was in some foreign language. But as I learn more and go back and re read it makes more and more sense.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
And then inside I have trouble photographing my black pets.

I have trouble photographing my black dog ANYWHERE. Fie on you people with nice cameras!