Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Top Dog

Default life?

im 24 years old and i have time to do things but what?

strange question i know
for instance id love a career, id love to do a job that i love to do but how will it ever happen? i cant afford to give up work and go to university and i dont drive so would find travelling difficult.
i also couldnt do something 5 days a week 9-5 as i want to see ellie grow up.
i also want another baby in time so even if i did get a career id have to end it for that oh i just feel funny tonight

i just dont want to wake up in 20 years time and look back with regrets

the thinks i do want to do are so out of my reach its impossible

Old 07-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Keyozilla

Look at this banner my friend made (the waterfall was a picture I took on my vacation to Portland Oregon)

Meow.
Between the Rain Drops :: My graphics/personal website
Old 07-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Island dweller

What do you love to do?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

there are several things in my dreams id love to do

the main two are:
have a livery yard
have a kennels

then there is
be a photographer

Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

Bassetlover...I feel your anxiety over this issue. You say, "the things i do want to do are so out of my reach its impossible", nothing is impossible. You just need to live life one day at a time, and take opportunities when they arise.

Think of the way your life is right now, you have a child, you just got married, and you want to have another baby, so there's nothing to say that you can't watch your children grow up and then start out on a career.

You say you don't want to look back in 20 years and have regrets, but what if you start out on a career now, and miss watching Ellie grow up, I think that would be the biggest regret of all. You are so young and have plenty of time to make a career.

It's perfectly okay to feel like you have no direction in your life, but when those feelings arise, it's important to look at all that you do have in your life and see the true beauty in it, and be thankful for it.

Life is tough...I'm in the same boat as you, I was washing dishes the other night thinking, "I have lost focus on what I want to do with my life and where I want to be." I'm 23 years old and definetly not happy with my job, I work at a daycare and I love the children I work with to death, but it's not where I want to be. It's not the age group I want to work with. I find myself so frustrated at work and so frustrated with the kids, that I'm starting to not care anymore. I have even thought about seeking counseling to help me sort out all of the events that have taken place in my life in the past 2 years.

Life is a funny thing...one minute you are untouchable and the next, you get thrown a curveball that knocks you off your feet and leaves your head spinning. I'm here for you if you ever need to vent and ramble, I'm also glad that I know someone else is feeling the same feelings I am. Take care, and keep your head up!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

sometimes i feel really selfish, there are hundreds of people who are far worse than me but i still get frustrated with my life.

i think we have so many images of what our life will be and then when you take a look and it isnt what you hoped for it gets you down

seriously though my job sucks, i work in a stupid gift shop owned by my annoying mother in law and i have to put up with her moods and arrogance day in day out.
people laugh when you tell them your dreams, probably because they know they will never happen.
so is it better to dream and be dissapointed or to put up with things and never have any dissapointments

Old 07-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS THEN THE BEST!!!!!!!!! You dream about the dreams you have for yourself, and you know what, maybe they won't come true the way you want them to, and maybe you'll be dissapointed, but if you don't try to go after what you want, then you are letting yourself down, and you will never know how it will work out if you don't try. Don't settle for ordinary, go above and beyond. Whoever shoots down your dreams is a down right idiot. At least you have dreams and aspirations for yourself.

What is a livery yard? Sorry, I'm kinda lost in the dark on that

Maybe you could find a part time job being a photographer??
Old 07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

a livery yard is a place where people can keep their horses

to do photography id need to do a uni course, the only uni that does it is 40mins drive away(about an hour by train) and its a full time 3 year course.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

do you have enough space to keep a livery yard? I think that would be an incredible job. So it would be like other people boarding their horses on your property, or wherever the livery yard is?

Dang on the photography! Full time for three years, ouch. Long time and probably costs a pretty penny too.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

You don't have to go to a university to be a photographer. All you need is a business license, a website, and some free time. Oh yeah and being good at it helps!