Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-30-2008, 01:41 PM
overdogged

Default class quandry (wwyd?)

it's just about signing up time for next session's obedience classes. luce will still be out on sick leave, so it'll just be mushroom.

my options are rally 2, which is what he is in now, but with a different trainer or a rally to novice class with the trainer i have now.

i have no real intention of ever trialing with him in novice, but i'd still kind of like to learn the ins and outs of the sport for future reference.

i do want to trial with him in rally. he knows all the exercises except moving stand walk around (which we're never going to actually need in a trial anyway because me with a dog in excellent? HA!). our issues are sloppiness and attention.

i feel like i'd learn more in the rally to novice class, but i feel like i should stay in rally because that's what i'm actually going to do with him.

thoughts?

(i still want to put him in agility foundations but i need to figure out how to go about doing that)
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Twin 2.0

I would personally go on to the novice rally class, especially if this is a trainer you like and respect. Even if you don't compete with 'Shroom, like you said, it's a good foundation for when you do get a competition dog.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Just try me..

Sorry I am a bit confused. You are in rally 2 but want to go back to rally novice?
Old 08-30-2008, 03:20 PM
overdogged

no, novice novice. traditional obedience. but from a perspective where it builds from what you've learned and experienced in rally obedience.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?