Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dogs View Post
It doesn't matter to me, and a few BC breeders I have looked at do allow their pups to be ILPed with AKC for performance... this was a looooong time ago.
I always was under the impression that it's relatively easy to get an ILP, as long as your dog looks pretty much like the breed. And how would breeders be able to prevent someone from getting an ILP if they want it? Particularly BCs whose owners want to do AKC agility.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
I always was under the impression that it's relatively easy to get an ILP, as long as your dog looks pretty much like the breed. And how would breeders be able to prevent someone from getting an ILP if they want it? Particularly BCs whose owners want to do AKC agility.
Contract.

Granted they can't hold the people down and tell them "no, no, no!" but they can put it into the agreement and sway the new owners to other venues.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dogs View Post
Contract.

Granted they can't hold the people down and tell them "no, no, no!" but they can put it into the agreement and sway the new owners to other venues.
Why on earth would a breeder tell you where you can and cannot compete with YOUR dog? Seems a bit silly to me.

Most contracts that breeders make are non enforciable, mainly because they don't put in any clause about what happens if the contract is broken.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcraker View Post
Why on earth would a breeder tell you where you can and cannot compete with YOUR dog? Seems a bit silly to me.
I'm not saying I agree with it, but there are breeders that are against certain registries and do not want their dogs associated with them. Simple. I don't see the big deal with letting new owners compete in agility, obedience, etc. but again, breeders choice to make those decisions and I respect them (thus look elsewhere).