Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Beagle Foster Mom

Thumbs down So Pissed!

I need to get something off my chest! Sorry if it gets long.I apologize in advance.

Okay,I have the most stupid neighbours ever!
A lady moved in about 6 months ago (or so) with two small dogs,one being heavely pregnant! The female gave birth shortly after they moved in.

The female is a beagle/chihuhua and the father is a chihuhua/terrier.
Anyway the woman sold the pups for $100 each.That kind of pissed me off,as they are mixed breeds.I talked to her briefly around the time those pups were weaned.And she mentioned she wanted to spay the female,because that was like her 8th-9th litter!

That was fine...I gave her contact info for Ruff Spots (they will help low income people fix their pets and for my neighbour to get her dog fixed,all she had to pay was $50 - Ruff Spots would do the rest).I have volunteered for Ruff Spots,not to mention I foster rescue dogs for Beagle Paws and am very into this.

A few nights ago I was out with Denny (my current foster) when my neighbour came out.I rarely talk to her just to let you know.So I was kinda shocked from what she started telling me.

Anyway she told me her female dog is pregnant again! It is her 10th litter.I was not impressed.Then she went on to tell me how the male has seizures.I mentioned he should see a vet,but she said "I don't wanna put him through that...he's old and it would just stress him out.He is not in pain." Next thing she went on about how out of the last litter,one puppy died and another started having seizures and the people who bought these pups from her were on her ass about it.Then going on how she wanted to have her female spayed.And then talking about how she was charging $100 per pup to make a little extra money!

I was/am pissed.I tried to inform her and tell her spaying is the way to go and the male needs to see a vet if he has been seizuring (and passing this down to the pups)...but everything I said went in one ear and out the other.She also asked how much I "make" from fostering dogs...since there are always different dogs coming and going.Obviously I don't make anything doing it.I do it because I enjoy it.She didn't understand how I could do it since these dogs are not mine and I don't get paid.This woman doesn't work and relys on SS and selling stuff to get money.

This is another BYB here...living next door! I have no idea what to do,because she won't listen to me! And other then not getting vet care and constantly having babies,they seem cared for.Their coats are well and they are friendly and a good weight,I was IN the house before to use the phone and everything is clean...so I cannot even report them to the SPCA.The SPCA here will not do a thing,unless there is visible evidance of cruelty or neglect! I really have no clue what to do...but I am so pissed!

In search of my "best friend"
Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Top Dog

How about letting SS know about her "extra income"? The only problem tho, is if they cut her benefits, she might breed more to make up the difference.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

I have a feeling you're doing all you can do. Unfortunetly, she'll have to learn her lesson on her own.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Beagle Foster Mom

Hmmm...I could let SS know.They are strict like that and if they find out she is making money on the side,they would cut her off.Or at least cut the amount she gets.But your right...then she may start breeding extra!

*sigh*
It just makes me so mad!!!
I hate people like that and obviously she is right and I am wrong...
She is in her 40's and I am 23 and her attitude seems to be like,she knows more then me.I pity her dogs...poor guys.

Not only is she helping the overpopulation,but she is breeding MUTTS and obviously don't care that the father is seizuring and passing it on to the babies and that the mother is probably exhausted from having back to back litters...*sigh*.

In search of my "best friend"
Old 08-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Top Dog

That's so terrible! My neighbors older daughter breeds Dachshunds like a puppy mill- like she has a hundred adults and puppies at a time and breeds her females over, and over again. All of them are sick and she can't(or doesn't) care for them at all. He's against it but he's a nice guy, so what can he do. He took the sickest from her and nursed them both back to health- poor things. It's just so sad. I wish I could pop her one. Or even know where she lives at.. *sigh*
Old 08-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Active Pup

That's disgusting. Although the price doesn't surprize me, even cross breeds and mongrels seem to go for quite a lot of money these days.

I think you're doing everything you can. Of course, you could offer to buy the female dog and then rehome her, but I expect she'll use the money to buy another dog anyway - so perhaps not a good idea!

The SPCA definitely won't help if they're anything like the RSPCA. Generally, as long as an animal has shelter, food, water and basic routine medications, there is little they can do (unless of course there are enough complaints). Perhaps just try speaking to her again but on a more serious level? I think she needs a reality check!

K9 Central.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

My girlfriend's mom breeds cats like a kitten mill - about 20 cats, they breed as they please, she JUST started and has had 4, 5 litters, kittens have died out of EVERY litter and she won't take them to the vet if they get sick, she was SO PISSED when one died because it was such a VALUABLE color....

She needs a JOB, not CATS.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

That's revolting. I don't really mind her charging for them (you should always charge for an animal, even a mutt . . . free to good home attracts the freaks). But, that's revolting.

Edit: Not only SS . . . does she report that imcome to the IRS?

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 08-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
That's revolting. I don't really mind her charging for them (you should always charge for an animal, even a mutt . . . free to good home attracts the freaks). But, that's revolting.

Edit: Not only SS . . . does she report that imcome to the IRS?
I'm a freak.

But seriously uggh! I can't handle people like that.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I'm a freak.

But seriously uggh! I can't handle people like that.
I meant the BAD kind of freak. Dog fighters looking for bait dogs, people supplying dogs for research, totally irresponsible people unwilling to fork out a hundred bucks for a dog, you know

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com