Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

have you asked the vet about it and had a complete check up?

Certainly not saying anything is wrong,,all puppies are different..

My 4mth old gsd, masi,,is the energizer bunny and didn't really take "naps" as an 8 wk old either!! But then again,,the breeding is different,,she's slovakian/ddr/czech,,so they are little 'wired' anyhow..My czech girl was the first GSD I had that NEVER took a nap during the day,,I thought I was going to lose my marbles LOL

My males,,they were all pretty normal,,,nap, play, pee, poop, eat, nap, play etc LOL..

As long as she checks out physically from the vet I wouldn't worry about it to much

So ya must be getting LOADS of sleep yourself!! I'm jealous! LOL
diane
Old 09-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Active Pup

Default My new puppy

I got my puppy at 11 weeks and she does the same thing yet at 14 weeks. She does take intervals of play for maybe half hour periods, then either wants to lie in her crate or if I am at the t.v. she wants in my lap since she seems to like me rocking her like a baby.

She gets really wound about twice a day usually mornings and later afternoon.

Mine is very tiny. At 14 weeks she weighs a whopping 1 1/2 pounds. She isn't skinny, in fact she is filled out nicely, she is just a very tiny tea cup poodle.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:41 AM
Top Dog

I got King and Molly at 10 weeks. It was obvious from the start that they were polar opposites. Molly barely slept at all, and would sit there, looking at me, panting loudly. King was the opposite, sleeping about 21 hours or more a day. I never had pups with such extremes before. It was kind of obvious that Molly was just nervous, but King worried me, as he yawned constantly, like 20 times in a half hour! So, I had them both checked out, blood work, etc, and Molly came back fine, but King came back textbook perfect! His insanely violent wall bouncing episodes proved he had no stamina problems, but he still slept so much, and fell asleep so fast (Sometimes while standing), I was concerned.

Fast forward 9 years. Molly has allergy problems, and one really bad hip. King is sailing along, in perfect health. He gets an ear infection once in a while, and he had to have his left anal sack removed a couple years ago, but that's it! He still sleeps more than any dog I've ever had. He does this thing with friends of mine (and only people he likes and knows well) where he "growls and snarls" at them, sounding like he's going to kill them, but so relaxed while he does it, he sometimes tips over, and falls asleep mid snarl, then wakes up and can't figure out what happened if the person he was growling at stopped rubbing his chin. He loves that chin rubbing more than anything, except having his closed eyes lightly stroked, that causes him to almost pass out from pleasure.

He yawns constantly when awake, no matter how much sleep he had, or how crazy he's being at the time. Rarely does he go more than 45 seconds without yawning, and can be "forced" to yawn by just getting his attention, and yawning. He fights it sometimes, but within 20-30 seconds he has to yawn, and makes a little squeak doing it that he doesn't do other times. Normally, he makes a deeper "Owwwwwwooo!" noise when he yawns. Apparently, the amount of sleep doesn't really reflect the health of the pup/dog.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Active Pup

Default pupps

i just got a puppy the father was a German Shepard/st.bernard and the mother was a black lab/chow, he is 10 weeks old and already weights 23 pounds...i got him for free he was kinda in a tight spot and needed out so i took him but anyways i have had so many dogs in the past my father and mother bred rottweilers when i was younger ( i am 24 now ) but all my puppy does is sleep sleep sleep.. i have never seen a puppy like this before.. i think if he does keep it up i might take him back to the vets