Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
She has a contract.
My friend contacted...Animal Services and they told her she had 3 options.
I will try to remember what the options were:
1. she could return puppy and get her money back
2. She could keep puppy, treat puppy, and the breeder HAS TO pay the purchase amount in the vet bills
3. If puppy is treated, passes anyway, breeder not only has to pay her back the purchase price of puppy, but also has to pay the purchase amount in vet bills.
Will Animal Serivces enforce it on her behalf or does she have to bring an action?

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Just try me..

I like the 'educational' route (also known as the revenge route) If she can help expose this breeder for what she is, hopefully less people will buy puppies from her.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
Will Animal Serivces enforce it on her behalf or does she have to bring an action?
I am not sure.

I also know that the vet in Alabama diagnosed the puppy the breeder brought in with Giardia.
And the breeder told my friend that she got sent home with flagyll (Spelling?), something else, and Ivermectin (for the mange).
She told my friend she also "got some for her puppy, too".
When my friend received the medication, she noticed that the flagyll was cut up in all different sizes. She also saw that the breeder gave her some wonky dosage amount. So...my friend called her own vet and that was when HER vet contacted the vet in Alabama.
Because my friend's vet said she would NEVER give a puppy as small as that one ivermectin and the mange is the LEAST of their worries right now.
When the florida vet contacted the alabama vet, that was when my friend found out that A.) vet TRIED to prescribe breeder these medications, but breeder denied them stating that already had the medications at home because she orders her meds off of jefferspet.com B.) The SIRE has ONE testicle. C.) that the breeder's vet said that the mom has mange and should have NEVER been bred to begin with. D.) breeder's vet found out that breeder had already sold a puppy to someone. Breeder's vet did NOT KNOW THIS.

UGH. I have to go grocery shopping now. I'll be back later.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Bored Now.

Oh wow. I will be sending good vibes for that poor pup to make it.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

I sure wish the best for the poor pup !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM
feel the magic

Thanks, guys.
Ok, I was wrong about the third option (Hell, I can barely keep my OWN life straight...), the third option would be that if the puppy passes, then she is to be reimbursed the purchase price of the puppy.

Since this woman has lied several times about several things to my friend, my friend doesn't want to talk to her about the puppy right now.
The breeder WANTS to take the puppy back and give her her money back, but the puppy is receiving medical treatment right now, and my friend is just waiting to find out if puppy is going to make it or not.
Oh! But at first, breeder wanted to give her another puppy. KNOWING that my friend had NO IDEA that another puppy(ies) had died. WHY would my friend A.) want a replacement puppy from someone who has LIED to her? B.) want a replacement puppy from a litter of puppies where a puppy has already died due to whatever HER puppy has now???

WTF.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh, it's *you*

I would not give the pup back...she'd just resell it to some other sap and get double the purchase price on one pup.

The breeder sounds like a waste of air.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
feel the magic

puppy is down to 1 lb. 15 oz.

They gave her some meds to try and help with nausea and to stimulate her appetite.
If not improvement is made tonight, then they're going to PTS.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Big Dog

I say give the pup back and get the purchase price refund. Even if this pup makes it through this crisis, it is a poorly bred dog from a puppy mill or BYB and may be sickly for a majority of it's life. It make run up high vet bills in the future. After some point the other party will not be responsible for reembursment or refund.

This is a good educational opportunity for your friend and others who read this thread and are thinking about buying a puppy from a BYB, PM or internet site. Your friend would be way better off taking some time and getting a dog or pup from from a very reputable breeder.

If the pup dies or is PTS, at least it's short life will have perhaps educated a few more puppy buyers.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ugh... just a heartbreaking, disgusting story.
I wonder if anything can be done, since this vet said the bitch had mange and never should have been bred in the first place, since one puppy has died, and now that another is incredibly sick and may not make it...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog