Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Manchesters

Fortunately for the breed, but perhaps unfortunate for someone wanting a Harrier, I doubt there would be very many available from rescue. For myself, I would definitely adopt a shelter dog. My first dog that started my total addiction to dogs was from the Elmsford N.Y. Shelter. He was the perfect dog.....no exaggeration!! I was one lucky girl that day! I found my true love!!!

However, adopting dogs from a shelter can be so gratifying that it can also become addictive! So beware, rofl.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 AM
no touchy

She looks like a sweetie. I will never get a dog from a breeder.....it feels good to know my girls have better lives now......and they seem to appreciate everything SO much. Let us know what happens.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:56 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

I think that Shasta is very cute, and I hope you can talk your parents into getting yu that adorable pit bull, who could abandon a little cutie like that? She's so cute!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Corgi bum

Awww....I hope you can take her Richie....she looks so incredibly sad.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Stare at my avatar....

I agree, she's adorable! Maybe this will change your mom's mind http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525
Good Luck and keep us updated!

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 07-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Manchesters

Renee---
I would like to point out that I was attacked by Fran on the subject of dog food. I posted a completely on topic post. I cannot allow others to attack me and not respond. I do not suffer from the need to explain my actions to others, but neither can I let stupidity pass unchallenged. It is just a foible of mine, rofl. I am so bored of the food subject anyway, and after reading Mordy's site I see that as usual those who swear by her have not even read or comprehended what she has put there---as I tried to point out in the above couple of posts.

You will I hope note that I have also changed my signature and taken out any reference to food. I am going to try to see if I can reduce the size a bit. My programming is a bit rusty, but I shall give it the old college try. You don't happen to remember how to do pixel size do you??????????

Peace to all!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Yeah I started off topic because I didn't realize that the huge photos and comments were actually his sig and not a comment made to the thread. My bad :P

And Manchester, please, take it to the food forum? I would be interested in any research you have done about food...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 PM
stirder

please no more talk about the food on this thread. manchester was totally on topic, and how would manchesters photos wether you thought they were a comment to the thread or not, have anything to do with the food discussion??? no matter who is involved, who started it, or what its about...if you want to fight do it ON topic, or do it in private message.
richie, she is a beautiful dog and I hope she works out. you said you and your parents were arguing about the kind of dog you are gonna get? what was the argument about? what was their side? what was your side? also ask questions like how is she around other dogs, kids, strangers, that kind of thing. has she been temperament tested, is she food aggressive, is she afraid of men and only likes women. that sort of thing. not to discourage you from getting her, but to help you make sure you dont get her and regret it if she is dangerous.
good luck. if you get her be sure and tell us all about her and post more pics!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Manchesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
You will I hope note that I have also changed my signature and taken out any reference to food. I am going to try to see if I can reduce the size a bit. My programming is a bit rusty, but I shall give it the old college try. You don't happen to remember how to do pixel size do you??????????

Peace to all!!!!!!
Weeelllllllll.........after many machinations I managed to jump thru enough hoops to get my photos reduced. You have NO idea, roflmbo. It is not like I am really wide awake.

The one important thing involved with rescuing dogs is that the person doing said rescuing should be prepared to have things done such as hip X-rays and possibly elbow X-rays as soon as possible. And of course there are the regular vet checks for all types of worms.

One good thing not known by pet people is that if a dog tests positive for heartworm, if an x-ray shows the infestation is not very heavy, the dog can be put on Ivomec, which will not affect the mature worms.....which will die off at a slow rate.......but will prevent further infestation. Also Ivomec kills all intestinal worms except tapes. Unfortunately the only really good tape wormers are only available from vets, and tend to be a bit expensive.

The importance of learning the status of the hips and elbows is that dogs who have HD may act sharply out of pain rather than aggressiveness. After the x-ray are developed then you know how much activity the dog should be able to tolerate, and if there is any abnormality of the hips, HOW MUCH and WHAT TYPE of activity can be tolerated.

Of course all of the above is simply my own personal opinion, which I hope most will allow me to express.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Wow relax. I said it was my fault because I thought the sig and comments were directed to the thread. No need to keep posting about it, drop it.