Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

Default ....whoa...

Tonight my parents and I went out for dinner to get some good seafood (actually my salmon was dry and had no flavor, but whatever) and we got in this arguement about the dog I want. Well, it seemed to go on... and on... and on, a few people looked at us (and that wasn't the most embarrasing part)... Anyways, somehow, we started talking about rescuing a dog... So now my parents and I are considering rescuing a dog at the shelter... Man, it seems to go back and forth and back and forth...

My mom and I looked at a few dogs, and I fell in love with Shasta:

I really think I can talk my mom into getting this pitbull, and I hope I get it...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Top Dog

awwwwwwwww.adorable
Old 07-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Felurian

Such a sweet face. The poor girl looks like she's all but given up on someone loving her.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Such a sweet face. The poor girl looks like she's all but given up on someone loving her.
Yeah, she looks like she got beaten a little
Old 07-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Felurian

I hope your Mom falls in love with her and can't bear to leave her there any longer

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-27-2005, 03:28 AM
Manchesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
Yeah, she looks like she got beaten a little
This is uncanny! I not more than 10 minutes ago was wondering about the possibility of giving Richie the info for perhaps the Beagle Club of America Rescue!!!!!!!! I don't know if the Harrier club would have any dogs for rescue, but they might. ALL of the breed clubs have a rescue division. If you go to www.akc.org and look up clubs or member clubs, you should be able to find the list!!!!!! Talk about great minds thinking alike!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Top Dog

A dog looking healthy isn't a proof at all that he actually is.

Honestly, you look very stubborn in your food ideas, so I suggest you go to the food forums and start having a few chats with Mordy. No offense, but I think everyone here believes someone who has done LOTS of research about food (food as it is now, mind you, not how it was 20 years ago) more than someone who claims to know everything just because he bred dogs for 40 years, and who thinks that just because he sees a healthy dog fed with pedigree it is a good food.

And man, I'm tired of it - are you a she or a he? Let's get it straight!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Manchesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27
A dog looking healthy isn't a proof at all that he actually is.

Honestly, you look very stubborn in your food ideas, so I suggest you go to the food forums and start having a few chats with Mordy. No offense, but I think everyone here believes someone who has done LOTS of research about food (food as it is now, mind you, not how it was 20 years ago) more than someone who claims to know everything just because he bred dogs for 40 years, and who thinks that just because he sees a healthy dog fed with pedigree it is a good food.

And man, I'm tired of it - are you a she or a he? Let's get it straight!
No, I am not stubborn. Just how many hundreds of dogs have you fed in the last 30 years? How many puppies have you raised? What proof can ANYONE offer about the quality of the various foods? And just what business is it of ANYONE what another person feeds his/her dog. Just drop the issue. You are obviously brainwashed, and have no PROOF to offer. And you are off topic in this thread!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Top Dog

Seriously Manchester, have you at least read Mordy's site? She's got all the proof I need. I'll be nice and give you the link :

http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood/

Please, if you think she's wrong in some aspects, take it to the food forum and explain why. I would be willing to listen to you as long as you use better arguments that 'you have no proof', 'my dogs look healthy' and 'I've been feeding dogs for 30 years'.

I don't care what people feed their dog, I do care however when they come here to call other people brainwashed or liers.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Felurian

Hey, Richie - maybe if your Mom read some of the stories about Gypsy, a Pittie who was found discarded in a ditch to die after being gravely injured fighting in the Pits she might lose some of her remaining reluctance . . .

There are two or three threads about Gypsy in the News forum.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian