Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-03-2005, 09:40 AM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah_2009
oh thanks for saying it was sold..i didn't c that!!! the quarter horse is really nice i think.
He does look nice, I just find the price abit expensive for what you are getting.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:41 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

oh yea
Old 08-03-2005, 09:45 AM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah_2009
oh yea
He's not broke, it says ready to be ridden, not has been ridden. He's not broke yet. So he won't be something you can bring home and start ridding right away you will need to work with him first. Also his bloodlines although not bad are nothing special either. To me from what I see he's a $1000 animal not $2000. Never know he maybe perfect for you though so then it will be worth it to you. Just as someone looking at valu for your dollar he is expensive.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:03 AM
stirder

contact the american paint horse association. they probably have breeder lists/referrals on their website. here it is http://www.aphaonline.com/ click on market place, then horses for sale. shows by region, so click the southeast. looks like only one in your area at the moment. so instead go to marketplace, then on right side is breeders and trainers directory, you can either order a free copy, or view it online and contact some breeders and trainers. they should be able to help you out a ton!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:42 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

ok thanks yucka and stirder...I'll look at Paint horse associations. I didn't realize that Yucka, he won't be the bets horse for me, I need one I can ride right awat! Thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
yuckaduck

I'm sorry I don't want to discourage you but I want you to be very happy with your choice. Keep posting the links and I will try to not put them all down. I sound so negative and I am sorry, I just want your horse to be the best thing that ever happened to you. I want you to enjoy him and love him, not have to battle day to day.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:02 PM
stirder

I have read the posts and can vouche for the fact that yuckaduck was in no way trying to discourage you. I hadnt read all of them untill just now, I would have said the same things she said if I had read them all. Theres no arguing that picking a good horse is as difficult and time consuming, and takes as much research as buying the right puppy. In some ways it can even be harder.
personally I would recommend that if you go through newspapers, or anyone else for that matter, have your aunt and/or your father look at them closely, and if possible have a vet check them out before purchasing.
and you better keep us posted, and put some pictures on here when you get one.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:40 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Now that i look back at the post, I really don't think Yucka was being rude in anyway but trying to help me, and I think u o much for helping me Yucka..b/c I didn't even see that 1 horse was sold and the other 1 wasn't even able to ride yet.

But there has been a change of plans as far as what age of horse I'm getting. I'm getting a colt!! I was talking to my dad and he was tlling me about a colt he had when he was about 14-15 and it followed him everywhere and when it was older it was the best horse ever!! So now I'm looking at Paint and Quarter horse colts. I'll post links in a little bit, look back sometime in about 1 hour and I'll have about a million links down...LOL. Thanks for helping me Yucka and stirder!
Old 08-03-2005, 06:28 PM
yuckaduck

It is my pleasure to help. Your dad is going to train it right? I think you said that before. If you have any questions I'll always be around to help. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:56 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Thanks a million yucka. yes my dad will help me train my horse.