Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Top Dog

Default Kirkland Adult Or Puppy?

I'm currently still on Canidae ALS. And since the new formula has brought on loose stools I'm changing to Kirkland. I for one want to give a to my mom for this change. I didn't think we were going to change dog foods, because I know she wouldn't spend 50 dollars on a membership for just dog food, but she actually got someone to lend her their card just to buy this dog food.

But the thing is, she's not going to buy both adult & puppy food. Since we were on Canidae ALS, it worked out because its for both puppies & adults. This however is not. I have three adult dogs and one puppy, who's a year old in Feb. What would work out better switching my adult dogs to puppy formula or my puppy to adult? This really sucks, but which would be better for digestion, growth, ect? Can adults do well on puppy food, or can a puppy be ready for adult food this young?

Maybe I can get my sister to switch and she buys one and my mom buys the other and we share [she has two adults and one puppy], but for now, what would be better?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

Nevermind got my answer in the chat

Old 08-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

Well, I see you got your answer but I am still going to post! lol

I feed Kirkland Adult C/R. When I got a puppy, he also ate the adult version. I have always been told its better to feed the adult formula over puppy.