Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Active Pup

Default itchy puppy with dots

Hi everyone,
i've had mason now going on 2 months...he's been doing really well, but lately i've noticed him scratching himself a little more then he use to. When he was getting use to his collar i saw him scratch, but i thought that was normal. now he's scratchin and what almost looks like biting himself. Today he turned over for his regular belly rub and i noticed some red dots on his belly and groin. He's not itching at those so much, but they didn't look normal at all. There not huge or anything, but just little red dots. I searched him up and down for any types of bugs but haven't seen any on him. Does anyone know what it could be? My wife is worried cause we took mason to the park this week and he jumped in the water fountain...could it be something from that?
any help would be appreciated....thanks,
vinnie
Old 08-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Show Dog

Our puppies were doing the same thing. Jedi was itching more than Daisy but Daisy had those bumps on her underside and on her neck. Our vet said it is probably allergies so we have them on Benedryl which seems to be helping (it's only been about a week).