Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Kotah BEAR

Default My personal opinion...

First off let me say that I just need to say something because I swear by this dog food/cat food, Purina.
I know its not high quailty and alot of yall don't feed it cause its not Innova, Eagle (something), etc etc.
But this food has changed my dogs and cat's life, coat, skin, and overall health.

When we got Jet she was SOOO overweight that her eyes were almost swollen shut, her skin was very oily and dry, and her coat looked rough as sandpaper.
We started feeding her Purina and within a couple weeks she looked amazing. It took a couple months to get the weight off but now she looks amazing.
Her coat is glossy and soft, her skin is nice and clear, and she doesn't stink.

As for Peanut (the cat), thats all he will even eat. Every since I got him he has been eating Purina cat food and his coat is amzingly awesome and he is beyond healthy. My vet even said she has never seen a cat so healthy.

Sorry if any of this came off as rude,mean, or wrong in any way. I know there is better food out there but this works for MY pets.
Just my 2cents anyways....
Old 08-17-2008, 11:37 PM

The people who talk about the better food brands are doing so based on ingredients not brand names.

I've known dogs to live long lives on gains burgers, heck..George Burns smoked cigars his whole life and look how long he lived. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to give our pets the best that we can based on current knowledge...if it's an option.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Kotah BEAR

Well we don't get all those high quailty brands around here.
No store near us carries them and I REFUSE to order my dog/cat off line or through a catalog. JMO
Old 08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little View Post
The people who talk about the better food brands are doing so based on ingredients not brand names.

I've known dogs to live long lives on gains burgers, heck..George Burns smoked cigars his whole life and look how long he lived. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to give our pets the best that we can based on current knowledge...if it's an option.
Well said, Doc.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Kotah BEAR

Just so yall don't get confused. I DO give my pets the best I can and they are all healthy and happy.

Thats what we are suppose to do right? And I do that.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little View Post
That doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to give our pets the best that we can based on current knowledge...if it's an option.
Read what's written, Dak,not what you think may be written.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Lord Cynical

I also like the adage, "read your dog as well as the label" - the food I'm feeding right now isn't the greatest, but my dogs are doing the greatest on it.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 08-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Kotah BEAR

I read what was written. I was just MAKING SURE.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I love my Weimaheiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
I also like the adage, "read your dog as well as the label" - the food I'm feeding right now isn't the greatest, but my dogs are doing the greatest on it.
I 100% agree, and have always used this method with my horses and dogs alike. It doesn't have to be trendy or overly expensive - if your animals do well on it, and they're not for want of nutrition, then there is nothing wrong with feeding it. My dog will tell me when it's time to change / upgrade / increase / lessen amounts.

And I don't feed a low quality food; I'm just saying that I agree with doing what works for your dog. The End.

Hell, look at all the controversy surrounding raw, and there are no clear cut answers. I personally don't agree with the hype, and wouldn't employ the diet myself, but that doesn't mean a great many dogs hasn't had success with it.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
- Author Unknown
Old 08-18-2008, 12:41 AM
orange iguanas.

There's no doubt that cats/dogs can live just fine on brands like that.
My cat was on Iams for 5 or 6 years and it didn't have any ill effects on him, as far as I can tell.

There are just some ingredients that I don't feel comfortable seeing in my animals food. And that is why my cat is no longer on Iams... and as fantastic as I thought he was, he is doing much better on his current food. For just $3 more, it's a no-brainer which food is the better option.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013