Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 08-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Big Dog

BabylissPro Carrera 2 Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer
Brand: BaByliss
Package: one each
Power: 1900 watts
Weight: 3 lbs
Avg. Rating: 278 reviews
Item No. A8549
Model No. BABP6685
Price: $95.95 $59.95
Availability: in stock, ready to ship today

i hope this one would help...

here is the link
http://www.folica.com/BabylissPro_Car_d1535.html
Old 08-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintgirl View Post
Personally I am not a fan of the Metro dryers. They do work ok, but for a few dollars more you can get a Double K, and they are much better IMO, especially if you have a Newf!!! The Double K will be stronger at blasting the water out of the undercoat than the Metro. At the last shop I worked at we had Metro dryers for the self serve customers because they are cheaper. If a person came in who wanted to seriously dry their dog we would pull out a Double K for them. My personal fav for a dryer is the K9's, but because you aren't looking for a professional dryer the Double K is where my vote would be. When drying a Newf especially for a full dry time with only a HV dryer spend a little money because the dry time alone will take you over an hour.
That's interesting that you think the K9's are better/more powerful because if you actually compare the two- the Metro's are more powerful and, yeah, are cheaper.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

Really??? Where are you getting your specs from? Straight from Petedge here are the FPM's

Metro Air Force dryer specs:
1.17 HP Motor: 18,000 FPM
1.7 HP Motor: 23,000 FPM
4.0 HP Motor: 28,000 FPM

K9Mini:
32,528 FPM

My Fav the K9 III:
60,921FPM

Air volume is something to take into consideration, however air speed is VERY important. The stronger the air speed the stronger the water is blasted from the coat. So if I used the Metro Air Force it would take me 3 times longer to dry a dog than with the Metro Air Force, and on a professional level my time is money.

I have used Metro dryers and have found them to be loud and take longer than other dryers. The K9's are wonderful dryers for a professional groomer, but because of the cost that is why I recommended a Double K. A K9 is the dryer of choice for many grooming salons because of how the dry time is reduced. The powerful FPM's blast the water from the undercoats!!!

A Double K is a great dryer for the money and only $50 more than the Metro. I strongly recommend the Double K over the Metro.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry, I said K9 when I was meaning to say Double K!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 AM
Top Dog

Hmm, my bad. The Metro 4 horse power is 28000 while the Double K bottom of the line starts at 27000. So yes, the top Metro Air Force is stronger than the bottom of the line Double K. However the 4Hp Metro costs only a few bucks less ($150) than the Double K.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Active Pup

Hi have the $100 B-Air and absolutely love it!! It actual pushes more air than the 4hp Metro's we have here at the shop. It was the best $100 I ever spent and personally would recommend it for what you are doing. The K9-1 dryer is also excellent but probably too much dryer for what you are wanting to do. I groomed 4 Siberians for our NAtional with my B-Air and it was fine.

Abby
Old 08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Thanks

SaintGirl, I think I'll go with the Metro for now- but the K9 will always be on my wishlist. It looks like a GREAT dryer and you aren't the first to reccomend it to me. I just don't have $350-400 to spend on a dyer at this time(there's a bunch of other things I need for Kyrie other than this). I really value your opinion though, and I would LOVE to get a K9 in the future, you've convinced me of that for sure. Thanks again for your help
Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Puppy Dog

I have a Great Pyrnees and my mom bought this metro quick dry air force thingy that works great.

dog crates | dog training crates | dog playpens
dog exercise pens | dog kennels | pooper scooper

...having a dog makes you rich.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Top Dog

No problem Corgi Love!! Just make sure that you get the 4hp Metro, or you will be drying for a long time!!! ANd BTW, can you pleeeeaaaasssse post some pics of that little newf of yours, I am having serious Newf withdrawl, it's been a little while since the last time I was able to love on one!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Bored Now.

Since you all know so much about grooming.. I'm just wondering... I don't have a dog with much of an undercoat to dry, but would these dryers help to get rid of extra hair? Middie sheds a lot, and I was wondering if one of these might help, LOL!