Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

Default Hair dryer?

So I really need a hair dryer, Kyries coat is SO thick. I don't know which is good, and I don't want to spend over $200 on a dryer..

Which do you suggest/use? This is the one I've been looking at:
http://www.petedge.com/Air-Force-Exp...CategoryId=263

Thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2008, 01:22 PM
RedyreRottweilers

oh yeah. I have an Air Force, but it's not on wheels, and HOW I WISH IT WERE! That is a GOOD one, you will use it for years.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Backward_Cinderella

B-Air. OMG, BEST drier ever. I've used it at both of the shops I've worked at, and it is FANTASTIC. Its only $100

http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/pro...startItemCnt=1
Old 08-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

RR, I heard great things about those hair dryers, and I wasn't sure if the wheels would help or not, but apparently they will! I think that sounds like a really good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backward_Cinderella View Post
B-Air. OMG, BEST drier ever. I've used it at both of the shops I've worked at, and it is FANTASTIC. Its only $100

http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/pro...startItemCnt=1
How long does the hair dryer last do you think? Have you ever had any problems with it?

Thanks guys
Old 08-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Backward_Cinderella

No problems at all. At the first shop I worked at she'd had it more than two years, the one I just showed you is a newer model, which is what I had at my last job, and I dropped it more than once (I'm incredibly clutzy) and it still worked fine when I left.
Those extra attachments it comes with are worth ten times their weight in gold.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Lord Cynical

IMO you don't want to skimp when it comes to grooming stuff for a newf. But Air Force dryers are just fine, it's what I've always used.

You'll need a good force dryer, and a table dryer will definitely come in handy as well.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
IMO you don't want to skimp when it comes to grooming stuff for a newf. But Air Force dryers are just fine, it's what I've always used.

You'll need a good force dryer, and a table dryer will definitely come in handy as well.
So do you suggest the Air Force dryers or do you have a better one in mind? I don't need it right away, so I can save up for one a bit longer if need be. You're right, I do need a good one, she's a lot of dog LOL.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Top Dog

Personally I am not a fan of the Metro dryers. They do work ok, but for a few dollars more you can get a Double K, and they are much better IMO, especially if you have a Newf!!! The Double K will be stronger at blasting the water out of the undercoat than the Metro. At the last shop I worked at we had Metro dryers for the self serve customers because they are cheaper. If a person came in who wanted to seriously dry their dog we would pull out a Double K for them. My personal fav for a dryer is the K9's, but because you aren't looking for a professional dryer the Double K is where my vote would be. When drying a Newf especially for a full dry time with only a HV dryer spend a little money because the dry time alone will take you over an hour.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Couch Pototoe City

We use a small shop vac on reverse. It works great, blows the water off the coat, no heat to dry the skin, and was like 30 bucks if that.. And with the long hose the vac is in another room.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Big Dog

My reverse on my shop vac would never be enough to dry my GSD or a breed like a NEWF.

I have an ostar stand dryer which I love and use for crate and table drying. Its not a super forceful blast thou.

Get the wheels you will need them. Pay the money for the dryer. When winter hits you will need it. I hate grooming in the winter since we leave the house around 65 degrees. I always have to have the dryers on the dogs.