1 step forward/2 steps back

mrose_s

BusterLove
As most of you know, I recently finally got Buster's leash walking under control, it was going great. It wasn't perfect but the leash was always loose.

I slacked off for a few days and didn't go walking, when I took him again it was like it had all fallen out of his head. It wasn't like the only time we'd missed a few days since he'd got good.

I remeber last year when I got him walking pretty well the same thing happened, one day he just quit and went back to old habits. Walking right out ahead, not listening when I told him to come back in, tension on the leash.

I'm starting from teh beginning again and can see him catching on faster but I'm just trying to work out why he stops, is it that he's testing it? (last time he "tested" it I gave up and let him go back to old habits) or have I done something wrong here to make it not seem like a permanent rule?

lizzybeth727

He probably just forgot the right way to walk, since it had been a few days since you'd practiced. Just start teaching it from the beginning, and he'll probably catch on faster again this time.

Members online

No members online now.