Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 08-16-2008, 07:27 PM
overdogged

Default Puppy millers shoot 80 dogs.

a bit graphic and brutal, so be forewarned.

and local to me, of course.

Legal Killing of 80 Dogs Outrages.

and people still buy puppies from petstores.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Argh, the AR people are going to go batsh*t over this, and I don't blame them. Those poor dogs, and those revolting people. I defend the right of someone to shoot their own dog, so long as it is humane, but that's not what they were doing . .. they were dodging the law by killing the very animals it was meant to protect. Animals that could have been saved. Ugh.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 08-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Big Dog

This is a dog breeding industry. Many are critical of so-called backyard breeder. An awesome figure. A lot more dogs are bred by puppy mills. They are hard to define. Some keep only five or a dozen of dogs, but they keep them for money and treat them exactly the same way. They ship puppies to their new homes so the buyer cannot see what is behind their glowing ads. When you plan to buy a new puppy, always investigate and select the right breeder. Do not condone puppy mill type commercial breeder. A person with only one female may be called a backyard breeder by some, but quality of his dog and his care of it may be excellent. The best breeder is one, who has good dogs and he is using them for work or for fun and knows them well.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Big Dog

We need to get through to the puppy buyers to stop buying puppies! Adopt dont shop. PMs and BYB would go out of bisiness faster than shooting 80 dogs takes if no one would buy their produce. Supply and demand.

If you have to have a puppy, do your homework and find a reputable breeder. Otherwise the blood of these 80 dogs and countless others are on your hands.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Willow: Pretty much everyone here has a rescue, a dog from a reputatable breeder, or has learned their lesson, so there is no need to lecture us on it. We know. Indeed, because many of us are, or know, reputable breeders, we are just as opposed to this as you, maybe more so, because this sort of crap gives everyone involved with breeding dogs a bad name. Scumbags do this sort of thing, and reputable breeders end up paying the price when panicked legislation is passed.

Ufimych: You're preaching to the choir

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 AM
<--------Orson

Such a sad waste, not just talking about the pups, I am also talking about the humans involved as well.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

Horrible !!! I HATE Puppy Mills !!!!! Never buy a puppy without inspecting the property !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

I'm too angry to say anything coherent.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Surrounded by Dane-Angels

That is soooo very sad.... poor dogs!

Some say their dog is their best friend, some say their dog is a huge part of their lives....
My dogs are my life, they are my heart & soul! The most faithful friends i'll ever know.