Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-05-2008, 06:56 AM
overdogged

another vote for matrix APBTs. *drool*
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Squishy22

Unfortunately I've come accross very few responsible and exceptional APBT breeders. I've looked at hundreds of breeders. 85% are oversized mutts and breeders who do no health testing or are even active in the breed such as showing.

There is one breeder I came across that I fell in love with. They only had one bitch and one stud. Very few litters. Deep chocolates and reds. Absolutely stunning. If only I could find their website.

Matrix kennels is ahead of the game. One of the best breeders out there, by far.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliamnasQuest View Post
In looking at chows for the past several years, I find myself tremendously blessed to have a bitch from the Redcloud lines. The more I live with her, the more I see the health testing done on her relatives ... I'm just extremely impressed with the breeders working toward chows of wonderful health and temperament.

Khana came from Clos de Lion kennels in Ontario, Canada but her background is mostly Redcloud. Her sire is owned by Paula Titon and Zola Coogan.

On the health testing: there are only about a dozen chows now that have passed the OFA testing on hips, elbows, patellas, thyroid, cardiac and eyes. Khana's sire was the first, followed by his brother, Khana and now one of Khana's half-siblings. That means that 1/3 of the chows that have passed ALL the tests are closely related.

In addition, the owners/breeders on both sire and dam side have been putting performance titles on their chows (as well as championships). Performance titles are RARE in the breed!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Hey Melanie, nice to hear from you! Have you decided if you are going to breed Khana yet or not?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Top Dog

I am checking out Border Collie breeders, who are some good ones? (Regardless of location).
Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
I am checking out Border Collie breeders, who are some good ones? (Regardless of location).
Ooo...I like this subject

To name a few. . .Robin French, Denise Wall, David and Christine Henry, Scott Glen.

I'll PM you some contact info

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 09-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliamnasQuest View Post
In looking at chows for the past several years, I find myself tremendously blessed to have a bitch from the Redcloud lines. The more I live with her, the more I see the health testing done on her relatives ... I'm just extremely impressed with the breeders working toward chows of wonderful health and temperament.

Khana came from Clos de Lion kennels in Ontario, Canada but her background is mostly Redcloud. Her sire is owned by Paula Titon and Zola Coogan.

On the health testing: there are only about a dozen chows now that have passed the OFA testing on hips, elbows, patellas, thyroid, cardiac and eyes. Khana's sire was the first, followed by his brother, Khana and now one of Khana's half-siblings. That means that 1/3 of the chows that have passed ALL the tests are closely related.

In addition, the owners/breeders on both sire and dam side have been putting performance titles on their chows (as well as championships). Performance titles are RARE in the breed!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Just wondering, she isn't trying to change the breed is she?
Old 09-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

I like Matrix for pit bulls. & Caragans.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahla9999 View Post
Just wondering, she isn't trying to change the breed is she?
What makes you say that?
Old 09-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
What makes you say that?
The quote'' wonderful temperament.'' I mean, most people don't think of a very protective and aloof breed as wonderful, so I just wanted to be clear that she isn't breeding '' stranger loving'' chows.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Twin 2.0

If you love Chows and have an understanding of what they're supposed to be like, then a true temperment would be a "wonderful" temperment to that person. Melanie knows her dogs inside and out.