Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-16-2008, 05:40 PM
GSDlover_4ever's Avatar
GSDlover_4ever GSDlover_4ever is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 891
Default

I have yet to find a good breeder. Out of the 3 I've dealt with the all turned out to be COMPLETE physchos. One STOLE my dog, after she offered to board him for me while my mom was in the hospital. The other sold me a physcho dog that was unpredictable, fearful, overly agressive, and a huge liability and had 3 good bites under his belt before the age of one (well I was at fault as well, as I rushed out to get another dog). Now the pup that I have, the breeder is a stalker. I cant post anything about my dog online because she has "spies" watching me (no joke). And I always recieve threatening emails from her, when I do post pictures, questions ect.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:43 AM
youhavenoidea's Avatar
youhavenoidea youhavenoidea is offline
I love my Weimaheiny!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever View Post
I have yet to find a good breeder. Out of the 3 I've dealt with the all turned out to be COMPLETE physchos. One STOLE my dog, after she offered to board him for me while my mom was in the hospital. The other sold me a physcho dog that was unpredictable, fearful, overly agressive, and a huge liability and had 3 good bites under his belt before the age of one (well I was at fault as well, as I rushed out to get another dog). Now the pup that I have, the breeder is a stalker. I cant post anything about my dog online because she has "spies" watching me (no joke). And I always recieve threatening emails from her, when I do post pictures, questions ect.
Threatening how? What could you post online that would **** her off so much?
__________________


"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
- Author Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-17-2008, 07:54 AM
shadowfacedanes's Avatar
shadowfacedanes shadowfacedanes is offline
*Biter*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,917
Default

My favorite dane breeder is JP Yousha/Chromadane.
http://www.chromadane.com/

Absolutely amazing dogs....and it's awesome to see a breeder put as much emphasis on breeding danes that can MOVE and function as well as looking fantastic.

Plus she's a geneticist and the health chair for the GDCA so I know health is priority in her program.

Sigh. I long for the day I own a Chromadane.
__________________


Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-17-2008, 10:44 AM
corgi_love's Avatar
corgi_love corgi_love is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,253
Default

Although I really like the breeder I got Kyrie from, for Newfies I have to say the best breeder I've ever met would be Vicki from Alegup Newfs. It's unfortunate, though, because she's in Canada and browns are not an accepted color(she has a beautiful male though). If I were ever to get a black Newf, she'd be high on my list. If Kyrie ends up being all I want her to be, I'd probably beg to use her male as a stud

For Cardigans.. Nothing really. I met a few that were nice, one was pretty good but I don't know any in depth. Regis' breeder retired- he was her last litter
__________________
-Carlee
CGC Shadey Ridge Blue Streak - Regis - Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,737
Default

Shadow, now I want a ChromaDane. WOW
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-17-2008, 12:43 PM
RedyreRottweilers
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfacedanes View Post
My favorite dane breeder is JP Yousha/Chromadane.
http://www.chromadane.com/

Absolutely amazing dogs....and it's awesome to see a breeder put as much emphasis on breeding danes that can MOVE and function as well as looking fantastic.

Plus she's a geneticist and the health chair for the GDCA so I know health is priority in her program.

Sigh. I long for the day I own a Chromadane.
WOW.

Just wow. These people will contribute and shape the future of the Great Dane for many years after they no longer breed.

THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

Outstanding.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Boemy's Avatar
Boemy Boemy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,481
Default

I think this dalmatian breeder looks great:

http://www.jlsdals.com/

Their dogs are so beautiful and not only are they champions, but also they compete in agility and obedience. They obviously know their stuff and have a goal when it comes to breeding.

But I will never buy from any breeder without visiting them personally. I'd like to visit them someday, definitely.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-17-2008, 04:10 PM
GSDlover_4ever's Avatar
GSDlover_4ever GSDlover_4ever is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youhavenoidea View Post
Threatening how? What could you post online that would **** her off so much?
She gets mad when I ask questions online because no one knows anything but her. Apparently the internet is full of loonies .
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Boemy's Avatar
Boemy Boemy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever View Post
Now the pup that I have, the breeder is a stalker. I cant post anything about my dog online because she has "spies" watching me (no joke). And I always recieve threatening emails from her, when I do post pictures, questions ect.


I would seriously tell her to back off before you call the police. I don't care if she health tests the h*ll out of her dogs and is the best breeder ever in other regards, that is completely out of line, not to mention illegal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 PM
youhavenoidea's Avatar
youhavenoidea youhavenoidea is offline
I love my Weimaheiny!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever View Post
She gets mad when I ask questions online because no one knows anything but her. Apparently the internet is full of loonies .
Riiiiiight . . . the INTERNET is full of loonies . . . *rolls eyes*
__________________


"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
- Author Unknown
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site