Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

I'd say the same.

The crap heads won't keep me away from 'em though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacopoe View Post
I don't recommend anybody get a pit bull unless they're willing to go out of their way to be a breed ambassador. Because so many asshats own the breed the rest of us have to go out of our way to make up for the damage they've done.

I call it a blessing in disguise, but pit bulls have to be twice as well behaved as the next dog out there simply because of social stigma. People think it's cute when a Golden jumps on you, but they sue you when a pit bull does (not a joke, my friend just called me this morning to talk about insurance companies and relayed a story where her friend's dog accidentally head-butted a woman and the woman sued... the woman was friends with the owner and thank god he had insurance).

Granted I think anyone wanting to get a dog should be a responsible owner, but you have to be twice as responsible with a pit bull. If you're not ready for that, stay away from my breed.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Top Dog

Unless a future owner is completely incompetent, I'd never not reccomend a Cardigan. I don't expect a person to go with a Cardigan anyway, because the Pembies are so much easier to find.

Newfies obviously aren't for everyone.. Anyone who'd be interested in one I'd have them do reading before hand- there's a great article called "Don't Buy a Newf" which goes over some really good reasons why they aren't for everyone.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

I don't know what I would NOT recommend or ever actually recommend for someone. I think there's a lot of breeds out there and there has to be one for everyone, or at least almost everyone. I do however recommend somone not getting a dog all together if they know nothing about the breed their getting other then , "Aww..how cute!" or something along those lines. People just need to know what works for them and what would be the best breed for them and one that would be fair to the dog. Ex: Don't get a Dalmatian if you have rarely any time for exercise/training ..even if you want one really badly. Sometimes you just have to face the facts that a certain breed might not be for you.

I for one really badly want to own a APBT or Dal one day. I think both dogs are wonderful dogs, but I would never even consider adopting one if I knew I knew didn't have the time or space. =/

Last edited by iheartsammy; 08-22-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Da grammerz..I not haz it..>.>
Old 08-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Show Dog

I usually don't recommend dogs in general to most people I meet. I for sure wouldn't recommend a min pin to someone who didn't have an idea of what those little tail-less prancing demons can come up with for fun. I know I'm in over my head some days and I ENJOY training/working dogs. Today is our "late day" and we just got home from the park. We spent 2 hours playing, walking and training. Mr. Min Pin is now playing fetch with himself. He isn't the slightest bit worn out. I think I've only ever seen him TIRED 3 times in his life LOL! How 9lbs of dog can store so much energy is beyond me.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Let it be

Suggest a Border Collie? AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I talk more people out of getting them than into. Actually I have never said "Border Collies are great. Go get one." to anyone in person. I usually say something alongs the lines of "STAY AWAY! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!"

I would never suggest going out and buying a Miley because she is a mutt. Too bad. She's so wonderful.