Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Default I suppose I should just back out with my dignity intact..

I have been on forums where its all about how "popular" you are..and a lot of members here remind me of my highschool career when it comes to posting threads, and responses. No, I'm NOT leaving because "Oh no one likes to comment my pictures" I could careless about that..I am leaving cause members are making me out to be someone I am not..and that's a heartless person. I am NOT a heartless person. I try my hardest to help animals, and sometimes its hard to control my thoughts and opinions about certain things I see. When you are as passionate about animal welfare as I am, you may find its hard to keep your feelings to yourself. I did make a mistake, and that was judging too quickly. And if I could, I would take my comments back. People are going out of their way to be rude to me (Yes, I am referring to a picture thread that was started..and some rumors that now I think any dog on a tether or a leash is an abused dog. It was EXTREMELY childish. And i guess I prefer to not be around childish people. There are many very knowledgeable members on this board...a lot more than I have seen on many other dog forums. You guys know what you are talking about, and I LOVE seeing pictures of everyone here's dogs. and I love hearing stories...and listening to everyone's views and opinions, that's what a forum is all about. I would never call someone a mean bully just because their opinion is different. Its so sad that is how it worked out this time.

But when my CHARACTER is crushed, and made out to be BAD...that's when I have to say adios..before I actually get kicked off for my statements and opinions. I will stick up for myself and say that I LOVE animals, and I am a wonderful animal owner. And I have done so much for homeless animals. And I try hard to educate people...and I usually do it without sounding a bit harsh, and I apologized to the member I was harsh too. Hopefully she accepts my apology. And I honestly don't have any harsh feelings..and maybe someday I will come back to this forum, and not be called a cruel person.

(And since this forum is a popularity contest I am sure not too many people will even read this since I am not one those "known members". But hopefully someone will miss me ?!?! . Hopefully someone misses the pictures of my dachshunds
Old 08-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Top Dog

I left for the same reasons... or at least I don't really want to post anymore because of it... I guess that being called names by people who don't have a clue because you don't have a 'popular' opinion does that to you.

There are some good forums out there, I wish you well!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Just try me..

It might surprise you.. but some of the 'popular' people get reamed out sometimes and 'called names'

That is one thing I like about this forum, if you are being an idiot (not saying you were.. just saying its not only the newbies) you tend to get called out, even if you are popular.

(and Fran it was me that was getting called names in one of those threads awhile ago)
Old 08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Felurian

Hey, we all speak out of turn from time to time, and we've all let ourselves get carried away before we had all the facts.

When that happens, you do what you've done. You apologize, explain why you made the mistake without making excuses, and, since this IS a dog forum, you sniff each other and make up. Hopefully everyone involved learns something.

You get to be human.

Hell, half the time when I've had to call someone down I forget I've done it after the smoke has cleared. It's not hard to get carried away when you've got strong feelings about something and to jump in before you have all the pertinent facts. We've all done it, and we'll undoubtedly get carried away and do it again at some point, no matter how hard we try not to.

Some of the most "popular" people here have been through the very same thing

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
That is one thing I like about this forum, if you are being an idiot (not saying you were.. just saying its not only the newbies) you tend to get called out, even if you are popular.
No..I was being an idiot..but NOT when I was defending myself..I completely stick with the comments I made to the people who were crushing my character..but I was being an idiot and judging a young member..it was NOT her fault, and I didn't need to judge right away..Even if I did disagree with the treatment, i should have kept my mouth shut..But again, sometimes its hard..and I am sure a lot of people can relate.

It is good to hear that I am not alone, and a lot of the "known members" have been through the same thing.

maybe I will stick around. Hey, why ruin my fun just because a few people don't like me? lol
Old 08-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

I agree with Renee and stuff. Most of the popular people (why even use quotes?) get called out and stuff. I will miss the pics on chaz that you post.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Part of the reason I joined this forum was after a bit of lurking I saw how the members really came together in times of need. Sure everyone may not always agree and things can get heated but that is bound to happen in any forum.

I don't know you but I hope you stick around so I can get to know you. Just like I want to get to know everyone else here. If you choose to go then I wish you well.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
feel the magic

I had an unpopular opinion just a couple of weeks ago about Hulk Hogan rubbing tanning lotion on his daughter's upper thighs.

And my opinion WAS the unpopular one.

I think I stepped away from that thread just pretending that I never posted in it.

Just step away and disappear for a day or two. When forums start getting to me, that's what I usually do.

(and this is all coming from a member who has NO IDEA what incident you're talking about in this thread).
Old 08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Just try me..

ummm you missed my point.

My point was that popularity or lack of it does not make you safe or a target if you say something out of line. I was not referring to anything you may or may not have done.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Felurian

Anyway, dignity, like sanity, is highly overrated

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian