Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Punkygirl0101's Avatar
Punkygirl0101 Punkygirl0101 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 4,107
Default

Quote:
Unless you have been in the position where you had to put down a puppy then don't go running your mouth
Actually I HAVE had to make the decision to ethuanize a DOG when it WAS aggressive....It killed two of our dogs. And we had her PTS. The OP NEVER stated that the puppy was aggressive. She stated the reason the dog was PTS was because it was "Too fearful of humans". That is NO reason to have a poor animal PTS.

And woops, i thought it was a cat that died from an abscess, not a rat. I KNOW all about rats and their illnesses...I do RAT RESCUE. And even so..I personally have never lost a rat to an abscess..even an EYE abscess..

I realize now its a young person and its not her choice..but again, I AM allowed to speak my mind. This is an open forum and I am simply stating my opinion on the subject. Nowhere was I being narrow-minded. I see enough of that on this forum, and theres absolutely no way that came across on my original post in this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Kayota's Avatar
Kayota Kayota is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 961
Default

Trust me, my vet and I did our absolute best with her. She couldn't even drink or eat, she was so sick. There was a HOLE in her CHIN after the abscess was drained. All the way through. I put meds in her mouth and they leaked out of the hole. You make it sound like I didn't try.

I wish that dog hadn't been PTS. I really really do. Just putting that out there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Punkygirl0101's Avatar
Punkygirl0101 Punkygirl0101 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 4,107
Default

I completely understand that it is NOT your fault OR your choice! Again...I was just stating my thoughts on the issue itself, not trying to blame you for it. When I was younger (And didn't have a job) my mother refused to take my rats to the vet and I had to find as much money as I could to take them when they were very serious (Such as abscesses,etc). Maybe you could start saving up money to use JUST for the vet when your pets need to go. Thats really the best people can do if their parents refuse. If YOU have money to take them, it should be easier to get your parents to take you. (And it will show them how dedicated you are to making sure they get vet care).

Edit to add: I came off much older than I am with the "when I was younger" statement lol, but I am only 19..I just meant when I was your age. I have a good job though, and pay for all my small animal's vet care (And everything else for them, such as large cages and good food,etc). Luckily my mother is an animal lover herself and she will take the dogs and cats for absolutely every small reason. But shes not a fan of rodents..and refuses to pay money to take them.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Kayota's Avatar
Kayota Kayota is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 961
Default

My dad takes my rats to the vet when I say they need it. Heh. And I said she needed it 3-4 times after the surgery, and he took her! My mom... is a different story. Eheh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Jules's Avatar
Jules Jules is offline
Magic, motherf@%$*#!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
Actually I HAVE had to make the decision to ethuanize a DOG when it WAS aggressive....It killed two of our dogs. And we had her PTS. The OP NEVER stated that the puppy was aggressive. She stated the reason the dog was PTS was because it was "Too fearful of humans". That is NO reason to have a poor animal PTS.

I realize now its a young person and its not her choice..but again, I AM allowed to speak my mind. This is an open forum and I am simply stating my opinion on the subject. Nowhere was I being narrow-minded. I see enough of that on this forum, and theres absolutely no way that came across on my original post in this forum.
Since it is okay to speak your mind.... Having a dog who is human aggressive is completely different than having a dog who is dog aggressive. PTS a dog who bites humans? Yes, I agree. Putting a dog down because he hates dogs? No. That is something you need to manage... and I think we have several members here who have DA dogs and they manage their dogs regarding their "special needs" very successfully.
__________________
A dog is a miracle with paws.
T-Bone, CGC
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:07 PM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
I realize now its a young person and its not her choice..but again, I AM allowed to speak my mind. This is an open forum and I am simply stating my opinion on the subject. Nowhere was I being narrow-minded. I see enough of that on this forum, and theres absolutely no way that came across on my original post in this forum.
Well, Punky - thanks to your knowledge that you can speak freely on Chaz you have bullied an underage poster about things outside of her control in a picture thread where she was just trying to share pictures of her pets.

Congratulations. I hope you are very proud of yourself and the opinions that you share on this forum.

As to the narrow-minded bit: "Don't know if anyone else here will comment about dogs on chains, but I personally am completely against a dog living its life on a chain." That I think is what Sis was referring to. We have rehashed that so many times it's not even funny on this forum - if you want some good education about the supposed cruelty of tethering a dog I suggest you search Summitview's threads, make sure to click the ones over 10 pages long. And no - I highly doubt anyone who read those threads will be foolish enough to make a comment on a picture of a dog on a chain, or assume that the dog lives its life on a chain from one picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
I completely understand that it is NOT your fault OR your choice! Again...I was just stating my thoughts on the issue itself, not trying to blame you for it.
It sounded a lot like blame - read your first post, taking care to scrutinize the parts between the lines, and I think you'll understand why hackles have been raised. It was not a friendly post.



Kayota,
Padfoot is - as always - adorable, and I'm going to steal Twist Kitty. Like I need another tortie.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Sweet72947's Avatar
Sweet72947 Sweet72947 is offline
Squishy face
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,085
Default

Padfoot has entropion you say? That makes me a little angry that your mom is not treating this condition. Perhaps you should show your mom this (if you think she might care):

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/entropi...ogs/page1.aspx
Quote:
Entropion can occur alone or may be accompanied by other eye problems such as abnormal eyelashes, corneal ulcers and scarring, and ectropion (outward rolling of the eyelid). Since entropion is the inward rolling of the eyelid, the hair on the affected lid continuously rubs against the cornea. This can cause significant discomfort and trauma to the cornea.

Entropion most often affects the outer aspect of the lower eyelids of one or both eyes. The upper eyelids may also be involved. In some dogs the entire eyelid is rolled inward, or a portion of the lid may be rolled in and another portion is rolled out.
Your pics are cute though! I've always liked Padfoot.
__________________
FOHA - Adopt!



"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
iwantmypup's Avatar
iwantmypup iwantmypup is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: I like oranges, California.
Posts: 4,683
Default

All of them are so cute
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:58 PM
xpaeanx's Avatar
xpaeanx xpaeanx is offline
<----Thanks Allie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
\Don't know if anyone else here will comment about dogs on chains, but I personally am completely against a dog living its life on a chain.
My dog Keeda will jump fences(6ft ones too), dig holes, even climb trees to get out. She gets chained when outside. I would rather her be on her 50ft chain, then have to go scrap her off the highway that's not very far from my house. She doesn't seem to mind at all. When I let her out in the morning and afternoons she walks right up to the clip and waits there for me. As soon soon as she hears the metal pieces hit she's off in the yard sniffing around. She's not dog aggressive(and she's spent the entire 7 yrs(soon to be 8) I've had with the same chaining routine), so don't tell me that it makes them aggressive bc that is just plain CRAP. She's also ALWAYS happy! I also take her on walks around the neighborhood(and GASP she's on a LEASH... IT'S SOOOO MUCH LIKE A CHAIN!) Then on weekends I take her into the woods and let her run all day.

just because a dog is on a chain when it's outside UNSUPERVISED does not mean the owner is being cruel. Hell, in a lot of cases I'd say they're being a better owner. I'd rather see a dog on a chain in IT'S yard, then running through town or squished on a road.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Kayota's Avatar
Kayota Kayota is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
Padfoot has entropion you say? That makes me a little angry that your mom is not treating this condition. Perhaps you should show your mom this (if you think she might care):

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/entropi...ogs/page1.aspx


Your pics are cute though! I've always liked Padfoot.
I told her about that... she just kind of said "Ooh" and sighed a little, after saying "There's nothing I can do about it." Baby most likely has it too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site