Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-13-2008, 11:53 PM
BusterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyHound View Post
Many new dogs do not care for organ meats. But they don't have to be added in the first day, you can hold off for a few weeks until the dog is easily eating and accepting the rest of the diet.

Is a chicken frame chicken without the meat? You want meat, some bone, some organ. Wings and frames are probably good at first becuase they keep the stool firm, but meatier pieces will be needed for maintaince.
He's eaten mainly raw all his life, I've just taken him off his kibble and am going to do his diet all myself for a couple of months and see if I see much/any improvment. Plus Orijen is costing me $30 for 2.5kg plus postage atm.

The frame is basically the left over chicken aftre they take the necks/legs/wings/insides. there is usually a bit of liver left on the inside of it and it has a decent amount of meat on it. He's kinda gone off them recently, he isn't big into "wet" meats, like the necks at the supermarket.
But the necks from the butcher he loves, they're bigger and not as slippery and he likes them.