Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
Lilavati, she wants to keep three and give the other two as service dogs.
Ok . . then THREE genetically identical dogs? That's still a bit . . . off.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Top Dog

The odd thing about clones is they don't necessarily look exactly alike their predecessors, For example, there are around 20 cloned "famous" Quarter Horses out there. And they all look somewhat difference than the horse they are supposed to be-again. For example, one has a blaze where the true horse did not, 1 is quite bigger than it's 'original'...etc. Although many look very similar, so much so that it can leave you in awe at times, they are net technically the same in looks.

And who knows how they actually act when compared to the predecessors. The temperament and personality has shown to vary somewhat.

So all-in-all, this woman is an idiot and now she's a homeless idiot with more dogs to take care of than she can possibly handle.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Workin' Dog

Quote:
Lilavati, she wants to keep three and give the other two as service dogs.
Just what the service dog community is clamoring for- pit bulls

Quote:
Although many look very similar, so much so that it can leave you in awe at times, they are net technically the same in looks.

And who knows how they actually act when compared to the predecessors. The temperament and personality has shown to vary somewhat.
Wow, that's weird. Wonder what is going on there? Is a blaze environmentally influenced?

Did anyone of you hear the NPR All Things Considered story about the cloned bull? Priceless. They cloned him bc he was exceptionally gentle and they all loved him. His clone was mean and gored everyone.

Quote:
So all-in-all, this woman is an idiot and now she's a homeless idiot with more dogs to take care of than she can possibly handle.
Why is she homeless?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Top Dog

Because it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to do this? O_O
Old 08-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Twin 2.0

I think if you have that much money to spend on cloning, you're not going to be out on the streets becaues of it...

I don't know what to think of the overall cloning...too many factors come into play in making your dog "your dog". I could clone Sawyer and he would probably end up looking completely different and not act like "Sawyer". Genetics is still a crap shoot of chance. Just look at the differenences in normal litters...they're all working with the same genes there and we all know how varied litters can be.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayota View Post
Because it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to do this? O_O
Millions. Billions.
Anyone have an exact price? LOL.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
Ok . . then THREE genetically identical dogs? That's still a bit . . . off.
Eggh. Yeah, seriously...

Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Last I heard, its about a quarter of a million . . . the dogs probably all came under that price because I suspect they were "spares" made to insure success.

Price may have dropped though, but I get its still over 100,000

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh, it's *you*

well she sold her home...so that'd be one reason some might think she is homeless. I don't know if they said anythign about her living situation now. But GOOD LUCK finding places to rent with 3-5 bully breed dogs.

And she is assuming the others will be SUITABLE for service dog work. Really? They are guinea pig size now...she cannot possibly know that they will have the temperament and drive to be working/service dogs. What's the plan when they don't? I see "Amazing clone dogs for sale $20,000" ads in her future.

Imagine raising 3-5 puppies til adulthood in your home...

I agree she should have adopted 3-5 lookalikes...her odds of getting a dog like her old one are likely...better going that route given the innate lovely temperament of most bully/amstaff/ type dogs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Wow, that's weird. Wonder what is going on there? Is a blaze environmentally influenced?
Ok, smartass. Do your own research then. Or do you know how...................

Second, it states she sold her home. I was being a tad bit sarcastic when I said she was now homeless, but there's a good chance-I would say-that she no longer owns her home.

And your comment about our "vicious blood-thirsty child killing monsters" being service dogs was not just a bit rude, but downright ignorant. I take it you hate all "pit bulls" and think all us owners are drug-dealing gang-banging criminals, eh?

Never mind...........what was I thinking............You can't fight stupid.