Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Default Dance & an animal communicator

Lol, a lot of you will probably think I'm crazy, but my mom insisted that I take Dance to see an animal communicator (Nancy was her name) at the dog show today. So I did, just because. I was very skeptical, but I had nothing to lose, so I just figured "why not?".

It was kind of a weird experience. You never know if what they’re saying is true or not, but she did pick up on a few things that I’d wondered about without me having to mention anything. Like her fear of bags. Apparently when she was 6 weeks old her breeder's cat was playing in a bag and then it fell over and made lots of noise right beside the puppy pen and it scared her. That’s part of why she’s afraid of cats, and she’s scared of bags because she thinks critters are going to jump out of them just like the cat did. Nancy also said that Dance is growly/afraid of people because she’s worried that strangers will want to steal her and she doesn’t ever want to be separated from me. For some reason “you’re so cute” comments from people enforce that fear. She doesn't understand why they want to touch her anyway - she thinks it's rude and weird and that they have no business associating with her. She also said that Dance absolutely hates showing, but will try and behave in the ring to the best of her ability to get her points quickly so she won’t have to show for very long. She said Dance wants to be a mom, too. Not sure where that came from, but she mentioned it a few times. And that she’d like Winston to go to her shows with her. She thinks he’s very wise and he gives her lots of confidence. Nancy had to explain that Winston can’t go to shows with her though because the rules say he’s not allowed. She also said that Dance is angry at me for spending too much time with Keira, and that I have to make more Dance time. She’s also angry because I don’t take her for daily walks anymore. I used to, but I didn’t think she liked walking around the neighborhood, so I stopped. She always lags behind looking bored, but apparently she likes to walk slow and enjoy all the sights and smells. So I'll start walking her daily again. She also said that Dance never wants to be an only dog. She needs “a fearless & intimidating looking” friend, but also one with a sense of humour that will let her be the boss in the house. I guess that’s why she likes the Dobermans. Oh, and she’s upset because I never ask her which collar she wants to wear. She doesn’t like most of hers – she wants a turquoise one, and most of hers are shades or purple. And then she asked what kinds of treats Dance would like to make her feel better about the things she’s upset about. Apparently she wants to ride in the front seat of the car just like when she was a puppy, and something about having a hamburger every once in a while. Those two things would make her very happy. There was more, but I can't remember it all at the moment. Anyway, I just thought I'd share our experience with all of you. It was definitely interesting, but pretty strange at the same time.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Twin 2.0

Interesting! I wonder what will happen if you try all of these things? I think it's worth a shot.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
My house is a zoo

That's really interesting! I've had an animal communicator talk with two of my horses in the past and they were able to tell me things that they "shouldn't" have known, and were able to tell me a lot of useful things!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

I soo wanna try that!
I'm just afraid that i would giggle during it lol, thinking they were crazy. But i wonder are they for real? Did you mention anything about Dance or the dobes before the session? i just wonder how she knew that!
But yeah, pretty interesting. I wonder what my cat has to say.... or maybe we'd get along better if i didn't find out!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Bored Now.

She got all of that without you saying a word? O.O

I'd totally try the collar thing, though! says the collar fanatic.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
just call me Nilly

Interesting reading!

This is something I'd really like to do with Sierra I think... just to try it out.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

That's pretty interesting, I wanna find out more about it.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Top Dog

I've never tried one , but my friend communicates at least once a week , One time she was calling about her pup , but the communicator picking up vibes from the cat ! She had never even told he that she had a cat ! I'd live to do it with Illie and find out his past !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
I soo wanna try that!
I'm just afraid that i would giggle during it lol, thinking they were crazy. But i wonder are they for real? Did you mention anything about Dance or the dobes before the session? i just wonder how she knew that!
But yeah, pretty interesting. I wonder what my cat has to say.... or maybe we'd get along better if i didn't find out!
Lol, trust me, I had a hard time trying not to laugh. I'm a bit of a skeptic. No, I didn't tell her anything in the beginning. Later on in the session I asked a couple of questions that she hadn't answered yet as time was running out, but Nancy told me lots of accurate things about her that I'd never once mentioned and she shouldn't have known.

Dance also never growled at her at all or showed any signs of being nervous around her, which I thought was kind of odd.

Nolu, the collar thing is no problem for me. Lol, I'm a huge collar addict. It's hard to find nice turquoise ones though.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Active Pup

who was the communicator and do you think she is for real. You will think i am crazy but i just had to have my dog euthanized and yep call me crazy but maybe she can tell me what was wrong with her. Thanks Donna