Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Stare at my avatar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug
I will start in the ring and aquire a championship conformation title
I'm getting intersted in this What kind of of title are you talking about. Best in Show? Best in Group? Best in Breed?

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 07-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

My Goldens were not show dogs but of show quality . I bred mainly as family dogs... now this was back in the 60s when Goldens were wanted with good health backgrounds etc, my Bubba's granddad was best of breed at the Garden. I bred for temperment, etc. Back then I called them companion dogs. loving members of the family. I feel there are a few of us out there, but not through ads etc. I can go back to many generations of show dogs...but that wasn't my intent. I wanted people to have what I had .... loving members of the family. And no, I didn't charge more for my females as all my buyers agreed to spay .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I know the people that we got Hannah from we didn't sign a spay contract and she was more expensive. They weren't a good quality breeder like you bubbatd.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle_lovergirl
I'm getting intersted in this What kind of of title are you talking about. Best in Show? Best in Group? Best in Breed?
AKC conformation title. You aquire this title by showing your dog and accumulating points based on how many dogs you defeated of your breed. You need a total of 15 points and it's a lot more complicated than that, but I won't bore you LOL!! The dog shows you see on TV where they go around the ring etc. Westminster...Eukanuba National championship etc....and MANY more shows that are not televised are all AKC shows! Best in Show, Best in Group and Best of Breed are all levels of winning. Hope that helps!!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Stare at my avatar....

Quote:
AKC conformation title. You aquire this title by showing your dog and accumulating points based on how many dogs you defeated of your breed. You need a total of 15 points and it's a lot more complicated than that, but I won't bore you LOL!! The dog shows you see on TV where they go around the ring etc. Westminster...Eukanuba National championship etc....and MANY more shows that are not televised are all AKC shows! Best in Show, Best in Group and Best of Breed are all levels of winning. Hope that helps!!
You don't bore me!It's actually pretty intersting. How many dogs do you have to defeat to get a point?

Dain bramaged
Old 07-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
You don't bore me!It's actually pretty intersting. How many dogs do you have to defeat to get a point?
I depends on the breed you show and what division you are in. The division is determined by what state you live in. In order to get points, you must defeat a certain number of dogs of the same sex. Different divisions have different point schedules based on how many dogs of a certain breed are registered in that region and shown etc. Here is an example:

I show pugs in division 8. Lets take females for example. In order to aquire points this is how many you must defeat of the same breed and sex.

1 point = 2 defeated
2 points = 8 defeated
3 points = 13 defeated
4 points = 18 defeated
5 points = 27 defeated

Now, it's not all that easy, because out of the 15 points you accumulate you must have at least 2 majors wins. A major win is a 3,4, or 5 point defeat or "major" as we like to call it.

Hope that wasn't too confusing LOL!!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Stare at my avatar....

Quote:
I depends on the breed you show and what division you are in. The division is determined by what state you live in. In order to get points, you must defeat a certain number of dogs of the same sex. Different divisions have different point schedules based on how many dogs of a certain breed are registered in that region and shown etc. Here is an example:

I show pugs in division 8. Lets take females for example. In order to aquire points this is how many you must defeat of the same breed and sex.

1 point = 2 defeated
2 points = 8 defeated
3 points = 13 defeated
4 points = 18 defeated
5 points = 27 defeated

Now, it's not all that easy, because out of the 15 points you accumulate you must have at least 2 majors wins. A major win is a 3,4, or 5 point defeat or "major" as we like to call it.

Hope that wasn't too confusing LOL!!
No not at all! Do you know any websites that talk about this more?

Dain bramaged
Old 07-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
No not at all! Do you know any websites that talk about this more?
You can always visit www.akc.org and select the "Events" section and then look under conformation. There should be a lot of information there for you to read up on. OR, if you are really interested then there is a book I sware by for any beginner, or someone who just wants to learn all about dog showing. Here is the link, it's called "Raising A Champion" a begginers guide to showing dogs. It explains everything!http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.c...45673&Method=3
Old 07-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Stare at my avatar....

Quote:
You can always visit www.akc.org and select the "Events" section and then look under conformation. There should be a lot of information there for you to read up on. OR, if you are really interested then there is a book I sware by for any beginner, or someone who just wants to learn all about dog showing. Here is the link, it's called "Raising A Champion" a begginers guide to showing dogs. It explains everything!http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.c...45673&Method=3
Thanks so much! I'll check out that book.

Dain bramaged
Old 07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Thanks so much! I'll check out that book.
You are welcome. If you have questions along the way, you can always Private message me, I would be happy to chat with ya