Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-02-2008, 09:14 PM
a.baker's Avatar
a.baker a.baker is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,130
Default

But see the difference is that you didn't say that. Its very nice for people to care and put their time in for giving advice and help. But if that person decides to take it or leave it is up to them. Making comments like that don't help anyone or anything and you can't debate with that. So someone disagrees, so what, the advice was stated and thats that. Its insignificant. You give one advice thats awesome. But one will do with it what they will. When it comes to comments to new comers that instantly push them away; what do you gain? If someone bothers you than don't comment, read a thread more enjoyable to yourself. I thought I read in signing up that regulars need to be nice especially to new comers because the obvious might not be obvious to them. Which started out that way but quickly turned. Rise above it and move on. Just some friendly advice from what I see so much on the outside and have felt numerous of times myself being a newcomer.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
RedyreRottweilers
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sometimes I think it takes a while for a person to realize how their posts might come across.

This person asked for advice, got it, and then turned 180 degrees.

Maybe we have perceived it wrong. I bet we find out soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
spreeville's Avatar
spreeville spreeville is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8
Default

Well you all think you know everything about dogs, then why are YOU guys here, asking questions? I did not exactly post my concerns here because I wanted advice on how to fix the problem, but I wanted input about what may be causing this behavior. All I am doing is debating about raising my puppy. Everyone has their own way and own habits. At the same time I ask a question, I also want to make clear that I'm not uneducated about dogs and their behavior. As I said before, I have many years of experience with dogs (I grew up always with at least 3 dogs at a time that I myself raised). I never claimed to 'know everything', I obviously don't since I'm asking a question! When I see someone type something I disagree with, I'm gonna say something about it, and so do all of you. I did not come here to be attacked or to act childish toward any of you. I think we are a little too old for games. So grow up.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-02-2008, 09:27 PM
spreeville's Avatar
spreeville spreeville is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.baker View Post
When it comes to comments to new comers that instantly push them away; what do you gain? If someone bothers you than don't comment, read a thread more enjoyable to yourself.
Thank you for being mature about the situation and understanding!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Buddy'sParents Buddy'sParents is offline
*Finding My Inner Fila*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 25,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreeville View Post
Thank you for being mature about the situation and understanding!
Because there has been a ton of immaturity and lack of understanding in this thread? Surely you jest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreeville View Post
Well you all think you know everything about dogs, then why are YOU guys here, asking questions?
Because you learn something new everyday and most of the highly educated, professionals that have posted in your thread do not ask the questions, they answer them because they are kind enough to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreeville View Post
I did not come here to be attacked or to act childish toward any of you. I think we are a little too old for games. So grow up.
If you feel you were attacked you should see how trolls and spammers get treated.

I think the frustration comes from the fact that people devote time to answer questions or provide feedback and then get told, no, I know what I'm doing, so never mind. I'm sure you would find yourself equally as frustrated time after time after time.

It is very clear that your methods of training are different than most of those encompassed by some of the trainers and experienced folk here, perhaps it would be beneficial to you to find a forum that more suits your training needs, unless, of course, you are willing to be open minded and try some of the suggestions out.

Either way, good luck to you and your pup.
__________________
"A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave". - Mohandas Gandhi

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-02-2008, 09:58 PM
spreeville's Avatar
spreeville spreeville is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8
Default

I agree with you Buddy'sParents, but I do have to say that everyone has their own ways with training. I'm not telling everyone that they're wrong, just simply giving my own insite, which I am entitled to do. And yes, I have tried many of these methods of training even before posting here with no results, and that's exactly why I came. But anyway, I was away from home on business and left Levi by himself for 7 hours today (even though I hated it!). I expected to come home to many accidents, but not one! I walked him immediately and he did #1 and #2 right away with no problem. I also didn't have to force him on the grass he just went reluctantly on his own, I'm guessing he's getting used the the drill. He also climbed up the steps without me doing or saying a single thing. So for me, and for him, that is a huge improvement and I hope it continues! And yes, I do appreciate and I do thank everyone for their advice, though it may not seem like it!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-02-2008, 10:05 PM
lizzybeth727's Avatar
lizzybeth727 lizzybeth727 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 6,403
Default

Congratulation!

(Humans work well with positive reinforcement too.)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Buddy'sParents Buddy'sParents is offline
*Finding My Inner Fila*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 25,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreeville View Post
I agree with you Buddy'sParents, but I do have to say that everyone has their own ways with training. I'm not telling everyone that they're wrong, just simply giving my own insite, which I am entitled to do. And yes, I have tried many of these methods of training even before posting here with no results, and that's exactly why I came. But anyway, I was away from home on business and left Levi by himself for 7 hours today (even though I hated it!). I expected to come home to many accidents, but not one! I walked him immediately and he did #1 and #2 right away with no problem. I also didn't have to force him on the grass he just went reluctantly on his own, I'm guessing he's getting used the the drill. He also climbed up the steps without me doing or saying a single thing. So for me, and for him, that is a huge improvement and I hope it continues! And yes, I do appreciate and I do thank everyone for their advice, though it may not seem like it!
Of course! No one is saying people are not entitled to their own insights. We wouldn't have a forum if that were true! lol

Maybe we needed more info in the OP so as to not go over things that you had already done so that time is not wasted on anyone's behalf. I am glad your pup is making improvements, good luck!
__________________
"A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave". - Mohandas Gandhi

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
noodlerubyallie's Avatar
noodlerubyallie noodlerubyallie is offline
Sprayin' the spiders
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,181
Default

Was today a cranky day for everyone, LOL

Spree, I'm glad you're making progress. Puppies can really wear out your patience, but they can learn so fast

I do have to say, though, that I take a little offense to the "you all think you know everything!" If I did, obviously, I wouldn't be here.

I agree with BP, it's possible that a little more background of what you've already done would have let everyone know what you've already tried and possibly had everyone think more creatively for helpful solutions to Levi's behavior.

But now you know. Welcome to Chaz!
__________________


U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-02-2008, 10:53 PM
spreeville's Avatar
spreeville spreeville is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8
Default

Well I only made that comment because it was made to me and I was trying to contradict it, I didn't mean any offense. I kept my first post as short as possible, I didn't want to write a book. Next time I will be more specific!
__________________
Visit me on Myspace!http://www.myspace.com/sniffles4u
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site