Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

But see the difference is that you didn't say that. Its very nice for people to care and put their time in for giving advice and help. But if that person decides to take it or leave it is up to them. Making comments like that don't help anyone or anything and you can't debate with that. So someone disagrees, so what, the advice was stated and thats that. Its insignificant. You give one advice thats awesome. But one will do with it what they will. When it comes to comments to new comers that instantly push them away; what do you gain? If someone bothers you than don't comment, read a thread more enjoyable to yourself. I thought I read in signing up that regulars need to be nice especially to new comers because the obvious might not be obvious to them. Which started out that way but quickly turned. Rise above it and move on. Just some friendly advice from what I see so much on the outside and have felt numerous of times myself being a newcomer.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Sometimes I think it takes a while for a person to realize how their posts might come across.

This person asked for advice, got it, and then turned 180 degrees.

Maybe we have perceived it wrong. I bet we find out soon enough.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Active Pup

Well you all think you know everything about dogs, then why are YOU guys here, asking questions? I did not exactly post my concerns here because I wanted advice on how to fix the problem, but I wanted input about what may be causing this behavior. All I am doing is debating about raising my puppy. Everyone has their own way and own habits. At the same time I ask a question, I also want to make clear that I'm not uneducated about dogs and their behavior. As I said before, I have many years of experience with dogs (I grew up always with at least 3 dogs at a time that I myself raised). I never claimed to 'know everything', I obviously don't since I'm asking a question! When I see someone type something I disagree with, I'm gonna say something about it, and so do all of you. I did not come here to be attacked or to act childish toward any of you. I think we are a little too old for games. So grow up.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Active Pup

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.baker View Post
When it comes to comments to new comers that instantly push them away; what do you gain? If someone bothers you than don't comment, read a thread more enjoyable to yourself.
Thank you for being mature about the situation and understanding!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:35 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreeville View Post
Thank you for being mature about the situation and understanding!
Because there has been a ton of immaturity and lack of understanding in this thread? Surely you jest.

Quote:
Well you all think you know everything about dogs, then why are YOU guys here, asking questions?
Because you learn something new everyday and most of the highly educated, professionals that have posted in your thread do not ask the questions, they answer them because they are kind enough to do so.

Quote:
I did not come here to be attacked or to act childish toward any of you. I think we are a little too old for games. So grow up.
If you feel you were attacked you should see how trolls and spammers get treated.

I think the frustration comes from the fact that people devote time to answer questions or provide feedback and then get told, no, I know what I'm doing, so never mind. I'm sure you would find yourself equally as frustrated time after time after time.

It is very clear that your methods of training are different than most of those encompassed by some of the trainers and experienced folk here, perhaps it would be beneficial to you to find a forum that more suits your training needs, unless, of course, you are willing to be open minded and try some of the suggestions out.

Either way, good luck to you and your pup.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Active Pup

I agree with you Buddy'sParents, but I do have to say that everyone has their own ways with training. I'm not telling everyone that they're wrong, just simply giving my own insite, which I am entitled to do. And yes, I have tried many of these methods of training even before posting here with no results, and that's exactly why I came. But anyway, I was away from home on business and left Levi by himself for 7 hours today (even though I hated it!). I expected to come home to many accidents, but not one! I walked him immediately and he did #1 and #2 right away with no problem. I also didn't have to force him on the grass he just went reluctantly on his own, I'm guessing he's getting used the the drill. He also climbed up the steps without me doing or saying a single thing. So for me, and for him, that is a huge improvement and I hope it continues! And yes, I do appreciate and I do thank everyone for their advice, though it may not seem like it!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

Congratulation!

(Humans work well with positive reinforcement too.)
Old 08-02-2008, 10:19 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
I agree with you Buddy'sParents, but I do have to say that everyone has their own ways with training. I'm not telling everyone that they're wrong, just simply giving my own insite, which I am entitled to do. And yes, I have tried many of these methods of training even before posting here with no results, and that's exactly why I came. But anyway, I was away from home on business and left Levi by himself for 7 hours today (even though I hated it!). I expected to come home to many accidents, but not one! I walked him immediately and he did #1 and #2 right away with no problem. I also didn't have to force him on the grass he just went reluctantly on his own, I'm guessing he's getting used the the drill. He also climbed up the steps without me doing or saying a single thing. So for me, and for him, that is a huge improvement and I hope it continues! And yes, I do appreciate and I do thank everyone for their advice, though it may not seem like it!
Of course! No one is saying people are not entitled to their own insights. We wouldn't have a forum if that were true! lol

Maybe we needed more info in the OP so as to not go over things that you had already done so that time is not wasted on anyone's behalf. I am glad your pup is making improvements, good luck!

Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

Was today a cranky day for everyone, LOL

Spree, I'm glad you're making progress. Puppies can really wear out your patience, but they can learn so fast

I do have to say, though, that I take a little offense to the "you all think you know everything!" If I did, obviously, I wouldn't be here.

I agree with BP, it's possible that a little more background of what you've already done would have let everyone know what you've already tried and possibly had everyone think more creatively for helpful solutions to Levi's behavior.

But now you know. Welcome to Chaz!

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 08-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Active Pup

Well I only made that comment because it was made to me and I was trying to contradict it, I didn't mean any offense. I kept my first post as short as possible, I didn't want to write a book. Next time I will be more specific!