Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Top Dog

So I'm guessing you're pushing for Innova?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Island dweller

That's a good one but it's up to you and peanut - whichever works best for the two of you.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

I fed nutro to Boris, then read this forum and decided to switch to Innova when I got Tips. Nutro really isn't bad, but when I compared the price with Innova, Nutro was actually more expensive. $36 for a 40lbs bag, Innova is the same price for a 33lbs bag, but we feed half as much. So here Innova is cheaper.

I would definitely look around for prices if I were you, and see how much it costs you per day. Also, I would stay away from the small bags, buy some storage containers and just go for big bags, it's much cheaper.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Felurian

Nedim, for a high energy, muscular little Corgi like Peanut, I'd really opt for the Innova EVO formula. You will feed her less of it, and I think you'll notice that you won't have so much of a problem with keeping her from getting overweight, which I've noticed tends to be a problem for some Corgis.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Quigleyfied

innova is excellent, but there are also other good brands.

nutro products, despite being popular and falling into the high-end category when it comes to the price tag, are not high-end foods.

they are a better alternative for those who can't find higher quality products and would otherwise have to buy brands like science diet, iams, or icky grocery store stuff, but if you do have a choice between nutro and brands like innova, canidae, solid gold, eagle pack etc. etc., go for those.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Nedim, for a high energy, muscular little Corgi like Peanut, I'd really opt for the Innova EVO formula. You will feed her less of it, and I think you'll notice that you won't have so much of a problem with keeping her from getting overweight, which I've noticed tends to be a problem for some Corgis.

Ok, I'll get a bag of Innova and switch Peanut off of Nutro. About weight issues, I actually think that peanut may be under-weight. She doesnt eat much even though there is always food for her. Also, the other corgis I have seen are all big and fluffy. Peanut is more sleek and fox-like. I dont know if she is really underweight or if she is ideal weight as I dont have a scale to weigh her upon.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Big Dog

I feed my Dobermans Nurto and love it. The coats are shiny and thick! I start on Iams,(made my Male Spirit sick) then to Science Diet( Made Raven sick) then to Nurto and within 2 weeks I saw a great improvement. Even my Vet asked what I was doing different as they all looked better. I have never tried Innvo as I have never seen it here where I live.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
Ok, I'll get a bag of Innova and switch Peanut off of Nutro. About weight issues, I actually think that peanut may be under-weight. She doesnt eat much even though there is always food for her. Also, the other corgis I have seen are all big and fluffy. Peanut is more sleek and fox-like. I dont know if she is really underweight or if she is ideal weight as I dont have a scale to weigh her upon.
It sounds to me like you're doing an excellent job of giving Peanut plenty of exercise. From your photos of her in your signature she looks like you are keeping her in excellent shape.

As far as her weight goes, you should be able to feel her ribs slightly when you run your hands gently down her sides. She should have full muscles in her hindquarters and have a muscular chest. That will actually give you a better idea of how optimal her weight is than putting her on the scales.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Border Collies R' Us

I used to feed Nutro as well. Canidae is the same price. If I'm gonna buy pricey food, might as well buy canidae. Only bad part is that I have to order it off the net. So it's a little more expensive. My pit in on science diet though.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

your lucky she isn't a pig like my girl! I'm having a horrible time trying to trim her down. I saw a corgi at the agility show that looks half her size! She doesn't even want to walk far and she just stops and looks up at me wanting me to carry her. And she is too heavy! Keep your pup skinny while you can