Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Manchesters
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Having Problems

I hate to be the one to point this out, but in addition to mistaking my gender, how about taking the years of stupid pet people I have had to deal with in the last 30 years? And the scores of cases of people who have killed their dogs thru sheer stupidity?????

If someone posts that their dog has kidney failure because of too much heat, now just where is it logical to assume that dog was exposed to that heat????? OUTSIDE IN THE YARD, right???? And I am sorry folks, but I am forking out over $200 a month to keep my air conditioner running for my dogs. There is no excuse for anyone to not at least have a window unit A/C---they sell them for $150 at Walmart. That way, at least one room will be cool.

I was not having a bad DAY--I have had a bad month. First a dog who decided to starve himself to death because he upset his stomach by eating his plastic Rubbermaid feed pail. Been farting with him for a month. He got so weak he could not stand up. He is now fine.

Then having to put Kelly to sleep because her cancer had spread to her lungs...she was from my first litter of Toy Manchesters, and was my heart from the time I took the sack off of her!

Then there was Bubbles, who died after a week from a spider bite...in between which there was Dennis.

Then I read about somebody letting their 12 year old dog get stressed from heat.......I DID mention that a Catahoula living to 12 showed good dog ownership. Some breeds and sizes of dogs are just not prone to making it past 9.

I judge others by what I do myself. I set high standards for myself and I live up to them. If some do not like what I say or the way I say it, that is a problem they must deal with. You people do not seem to realize how ignorant and rude it is to dare to tell someone what they should or should not say, and how they should or should not say it. That is what Russia does. We Americans have the right to make jackasses out of ourselves at times. If what I say pisses you off, I sure hope that it also makes you think.

If people cannot provide the utmost living conditions for their dogs, then by gosh, they should not have dogs. They are not doing the poor dogs any favors by owning them!

Thank you for making the effort Yuck/Duck!!! But it is hard to overcome the severe lack of reading comprehension that is so pervasive these days!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and it has been hotter than hell in Pensacola for the last week. My A/C bill will likely be close to $300 this month! But my god the dogs are cool! I can only get it down to 86 in here on days like this, but at least there is no humidity in here!!!
  #32  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:02 PM
blue's Avatar
blue blue is offline
Jerk.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: wasilla alaska
Posts: 10,088
Default

Judge others and so shall you be judged.

And what is this air conditioning you speak of?
__________________
I SSH'ed into Mordor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
  #33  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:04 PM
poeluvr poeluvr is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue
Judge others and so shall you be judged.

And what is this air conditioning you speak of?
good 1 blue..i didnt know aht to say to that.
just because you have high standards for urself, doesnt mean evry1 else should have to meet ur standards aswell
__________________
  #34  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,736
Default I did read the thread in question

But neither should she have to lower her standards to accomodate the idiot people among us. "People" being used in the very broad, generic and country-wide sense here, by the way.

What I'm getting at is that we as a dog community generally agree on some sort of median bar level for responsible dog ownership. Manchester seems to be a vet or an experienced breeder, so it's expected that she's going to have a higher standard, because otherwise her endevors wouldn't pay off as well as they have (I hope).

Manchester: I totally agree on the reading comprehension comment.
  #35  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue
And what is this air conditioning you speak of?
ROFLMAO! I've got the same question! Charley's got a window unit in the living room, but isn't about to turn it on until Satan himself tells him it's too hot

Actually, I don't mind too much. We keep a big exhaust fan up in the attic window to pull the air through and it's not all that bad. Having dogs that are well adapted to the climate helps too. It's not like a Brazillian dog is going to have a problem with the heat in the southern U.S. after all, and Bimmer's much smarter about staying cool than any of us.
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
  #36  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
Are You Blowing Me Off?
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wild Wonderful WV
Posts: 3,481
Default

Manchester,
I have been neglecting to respond to any of your meaningless posts, you just try to degrade us and try to make people feel stupid. Probably because you have a sorry life for yourself, Well I am fed up reading your hateful posts, and yes, I have excellent reading comprehension, so now I will tell you in terms that everyone will comprehend, really easy to read words, so nobody will misunderstand my opinion of you:

You are a *itch! I don't care what your gender is.
I feel sorry for your dogs!
You think you are an expert on dog care, but I would go up against your knowledge any day.
Have you ever heard watch out for the quiet one in the corner?,
The Loud mouth in the middle, is probably just that, and nothing to back it up!!
Your own profile states it best : "Way More Than Any Sane Person Should Have"
That is the one thing that I would agree with that you have said!!!!

If this was my forum, you would be gone. But, I guess it really makes it interesting having a real jackass making a fool of themselves! It really keeps people reading. But you have nothing to offer anyone here!

I will never have to deal with what you say, because you are nothing to me! No you are below nothing, I do not need your so called "expertise" with dogs, I have my own experiences, knowledge, and I can research information on my own!
You have crossed many lines, and nobody needs you here. Just go away, and let there be peace!!
Julie.
__________________
Luck Favors the Backbone, not the Wishbone.
My Long Hair just can't cover up my redneck.
Hot Diggity, Dog Diggity. . .Mmm What ya do to me!
  #37  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:57 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

Manchester, I;m glad you had the gutts to come in. I agree with some of your comments, but the dog's death was not through abuse. My former home only had units in the bedrooms. My vet said that if I was comfortable , my dogs would be too. In fact he was against full AC constantly for my dogs. We had fans for them...they were indoor/outdoor dogs ( free range of 8 wooded acres ) Each situation is different. This is a caring forum. Respect the posters.
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
  #38  
Old 07-25-2005, 01:02 AM
blue's Avatar
blue blue is offline
Jerk.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: wasilla alaska
Posts: 10,088
Default

Julie, while I dont like Manchesters sense of tact, Im sure she has experiences to share with us. Telling her to "go away" is to us losing apperantly 30 years of experience with dogs.

While I dont like her cut and dried way of speaking and dealing, I think there is knowlege there that can help us and others.

Manchester the way you spoke of being an American makes me wonder if you where born here or immigrated. I just reread your post, are you a first generation American?

It dosent matter if you are 1st or 30th gen American, you appear to have experience with certain breeds of dogs.

It would help us if you learned the difference between comprehension and jumping to conclusions, it happens with all off us.

I hope you stick around.
__________________
I SSH'ed into Mordor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
  #39  
Old 07-25-2005, 02:11 AM
shredhead (DOG LOVER)'s Avatar
shredhead (DOG LOVER) shredhead (DOG LOVER) is offline
Dog Spoiler
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 611
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
You think you are an expert on dog care, but I would go up against your knowledge any day.
I'll go up against all the knowledge of dog owners here. Cuz Yes, I know that much about dogs. I should write a book, Dogs 101, cuz I'm a genius.As a matter of fact, I challenge you to know more about dogs than me. I argue with vets and dog nutritionists everyday cuz I'm that smart when it comes to dog. You are all in the presence of great dog knowledge. lol

  #40  
Old 07-25-2005, 02:14 AM
shredhead (DOG LOVER)'s Avatar
shredhead (DOG LOVER) shredhead (DOG LOVER) is offline
Dog Spoiler
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue
Judge others and so shall you be judged.

And what is this air conditioning you speak of?
Yes..... I JUDGE ALL OF YOU. MY OPINIONS ARE FACT WHEN IT COMES TO DOGS. DON'T ARGUE YOU"LL NEVER WIN As a matter of fact you people should pay me for all this great knowledge I'm giving you guys.



I like doggies.

Ok I'm done.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site