Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 01:25 PM
yuckaduck

Default spot to be nasty

Maybe we should start a thread where people who have nasty things to say and who are making horrible comments could come to post. That way anyone not wanting to read it can just not go there. Then we wouldn't have problems within the original posts. I don't know just a thought, would be a good place for one person in paticular anyway. Have a nice day everybody!
Old 07-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Felurian

LOL! That would probably end up being one of the busiest threads on the forum on some days!

Seriously, you can use the "Ignore" protocol when you just don't want to deal with a person anymore, although sometimes, if everyone can refrain from personal attacks and flaming, a lot of misunderstandings and miscommunications get hammered out, and sometimes minds even open to new ways of looking at things.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say how proud I am of the way you members ARE able to deal with most things that would turn into flame wars elsewhere with intelligence, humor and grace, avoiding cheap shots and sticking to issues rather than haring off on personal attacks and flaming.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
would be a good place for one person in particular anyway.
Who's that then?! I sure hope it's not me!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 07-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Felurian

No one could ever be mad at you, Gus!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-24-2005, 01:38 PM
yuckaduck

Nope definantly not you. You and I are having what I thought was a great conversation. If you are wondering take a look on the puppy issues-why is my puppy afraid of me; and on the health issues-euthanize iv/kidney failure.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Who's that then?! I sure hope it's not me!
*cough* Manchester *cough*
Old 07-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

I think we handle things well because most of us are intelligient DOG LOVERS. There's a certain personality trait and mentality that goes along with this
Old 07-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
No one could ever be mad at you, Gus!
*Phew!*

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 07-24-2005, 01:45 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Wink

its because our dogs teach us such good manners with as the qoute i use to have.in my siggy ."their silent good example" ..now i don't remember where i got that from sigh...no animal i know of except possibly birds have more empathy or compassion..and comfort just by their presense..and still let you know they are sharing in your life..the good as well as the bad..they are the greatest teachers of love..at least for me.
when i read a post that i disagree with, i feel they are entitled to their opinion and i am the same..sometimes you have to agree to disagree, but you also receive many different perspectives to a situation. I know Renne has opened my eyes to a totally different aspect that i hadn't even considered more then once. I think on things (like the onyx ordeal) a great deal before i act. I always try to put myself in the other person's shoes when i am thinking something thru. But that is just me..and that is my opinion..and people can take it or leave it..i would not take offense if they didn't agree with me. We are all different in our approach to life thank goodness..built of our expereinces. I personally live in a fuzzy bunny world where you don't taunt the rabbit..hehe sorry that is so horribly written, i can't think of a better way to say what i am trying to express.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-24-2005, 02:36 PM

yeah, well...you know there are always gonna be some people with no class. Happily...they are very few. It's always ok to express your own opinion...some people just don't understand that they can do that with tact. But...different people are what makes the world so interesting, and we can handle it. When someone really gets to me...I really do step back so as not to post without thinking. We're all human..so even when things 'flare' a little, we bounce back. (I've been known to post meanie replies...trying to be more mature these days...hehehe)
Closed Thread