Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-29-2008, 01:56 AM
vomdominus's Avatar
vomdominus vomdominus is offline
Prey Drive's a BITCH!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 265
Default



Not only does it smack of a coverup, but I'm surprised it didn't mention the words VICIOUS and DANGEROUS coupled with PIT BULL or GERMAN SHEPHERD at least three times.
__________________



"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

-- Capt. Max von Stephanitz
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Pam111 Pam111 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,845
Default

This just does not make any sense. How does a baby not cry when it's being killed by a dog?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:10 AM
xpaeanx's Avatar
xpaeanx xpaeanx is offline
<----Thanks Allie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,695
Default

there HAS to be something else going on here... they still only have puppy teeth at that point... which I would think are still to small to do any real damage...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Pam111 Pam111 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
there HAS to be something else going on here... they still only have puppy teeth at that point... which I would think are still to small to do any real damage...
Puppy teeth are SHARP and I don't doubt they could kill a 2 month old, but I do doubt that a 6 week old puppy would do that, and if it did it wasn't "attacking" or "mauling". There is definitely something else going on here
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 AM
xpaeanx's Avatar
xpaeanx xpaeanx is offline
<----Thanks Allie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,695
Default

I haven't had a puppy in FOREVER, but what I remember of them, when they would chew on you it never hurt. And they were always flopping all over themselves.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the police turn up. I'm sure they'll determine the cause of death. As well as measure the bite marks and match them to either the puppy or the pug...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 AM
shadowfacedanes's Avatar
shadowfacedanes shadowfacedanes is offline
*Biter*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,908
Default

Very tragic...regardless of what really happened.

However, here it is yet again:

Police say the infant was left unattended in a swing with two dogs in the room, the lab puppy and a pug.



Here's a really annoying article about the incident:

Link

This comment kind of made me hackle up a little:

"Even a very familiar family dog can turn on you, puppies specifically, they're unpredictable, they're young, they got a lot of hormones going on, you've never know what they're gonna do," says Chris Stevens of EMSA.

WTH?

Yes, everyone, beware of puppies....
__________________


Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 AM
shadowfacedanes's Avatar
shadowfacedanes shadowfacedanes is offline
*Biter*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
I'm sure they'll determine the cause of death. As well as measure the bite marks and match them to either the puppy or the pug...
I will be curious to hear about those results, seeing as how they've already pegged the lab pup as the killer and euthanized him.
__________________


Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Pam111 Pam111 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfacedanes View Post
Very tragic...regardless of what really happened.

However, here it is yet again:

Police say the infant was left unattended in a swing with two dogs in the room, the lab puppy and a pug.



Here's a really annoying article about the incident:

Link

This comment kind of made me hackle up a little:

"Even a very familiar family dog can turn on you, puppies specifically, they're unpredictable, they're young, they got a lot of hormones going on, you've never know what they're gonna do," says Chris Stevens of EMSA.

WTH?

Yes, everyone, beware of puppies....
yeah, you better watch out for all the hormones in a 6 WEEK OLD PUPPY. What the heck?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:43 AM
a.baker's Avatar
a.baker a.baker is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,130
Default

That blows my mind!! No way could or would a puppy do that! Deffinately something going on. I sense a cover up of some sort.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Dekka's Avatar
Dekka Dekka is offline
Just try me..
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 19,235
Default

How tragic the pup had to die before they can say for sure it was him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site