Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

The breeds I would never own...
After these four Labs, I won't have a Lab again..
I saved three of the four from being euthanized and that was basically the only reason. They're good dogs, but we could find breeds that fit our lifestyle better.

Nor will I have an Afghan Hound, Chow Chow, Bichon Frise, Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu, Chinese Crested, Toy Manchester Terrier, Italian Greyhound, Golden Retriever, Brittany, Poodle, Mexican Hairless, NEVER will I own a "Bulldog" or so called. I do not plan to own a Boston Terrier anytime in my life, but that may change. I may own a Chihuahua, but it's quite unlikely.

And I will never,
EVER,
EVER
own a Pekingese in my lifetime.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Kela

Any bully breeds, don't want to be persecuted and blocked from renting places to live.
Jack Russells , just too hyper for me.
Chihuahuas, I have one now...and I love him but they are terribly difficult dogs!
Bulldogs, health problems even though I love their personalities.

I think poodles would get a different rep if people didn't groom them as they did. Shave a poodle completely and what do you have? A 'normal' looking dog that doesn't shed and is smart as a whip! Who wouldn't want that? (Big poodles that is, small ones are different)
Old 08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post

And I will never,
EVER,
EVER
I see one in your future then

I said the exact same thing about a Lab. Oops.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Life's Rough

I thought I had responded on this thread, can't seem to find it though...I will try again.

I would most likely never own a Chi or any very small dog like that. Nothing against them, but I do like something a little larger then that.

I would not look for a dog that needs constant trimming and/or clipping.

I would never actively look for an APBT or any of the Bully breeds.

"Life is not a matter of milestones...but of MOMENTS."
Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Quote:
I think poodles would get a different rep if people didn't groom them as they did. Shave a poodle completely and what do you have? A 'normal' looking dog that doesn't shed and is smart as a whip! Who wouldn't want that? (Big poodles that is, small ones are different)
I have to say i agree 100% with this! My poor boy looks like this at the moment because of bad allergies.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Puppy Dog

Honestly.....I would not ever "no offence" take home or even consider a poodle....I honestly don't understand the appeal of them......Every single one i have met has been out of control and didn't get along with any other dogs....and i heard they are very stubborn and hard train. I am sure that for some people they are the perfect dog but not for me........Anything else im up for.

I Also wanted to ask what was with alot you guys saying you wouldnt want a Lab or Retriever?!? I am sure i am being by-est But Honestly i have never met a lab with a bad attitude......When we brought Tater home he was "sitting" in 2 days on command.....They are super smart and All they want to do is please you......Easy to train and love......But i guess that is not for everyone.

HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
The breeds I would never own...
After these four Labs, I won't have a Lab again..
I saved three of the four from being euthanized and that was basically the only reason. They're good dogs, but we could find breeds that fit our lifestyle better.

Nor will I have an Afghan Hound, Chow Chow, Bichon Frise, Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu, Chinese Crested, Toy Manchester Terrier, Italian Greyhound, Golden Retriever, Brittany, Poodle, Mexican Hairless, NEVER will I own a "Bulldog" or so called. I do not plan to own a Boston Terrier anytime in my life, but that may change. I may own a Chihuahua, but it's quite unlikely.

And I will never,
EVER,
EVER
Do you even like dogs?!?
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Felurian

I am not going to say I will never own a particular breed because I know if I do, that is exactly the breed I will wind up with

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I am not going to say I will never own a particular breed because I know if I do, that is exactly the breed I will wind up with
...And probably by sometime next week.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm All Ears

I dunno, I would never want a lab either. I've actually HAD a lab before and yes, still don't want one. Nothing against them, but they just aren't the right fit for me temperament wise. I think that's what people need to remember about this thread. Everyone has preferences and things. Just because you can't/don't want to live with a breed doesn't mean you don't like the breed or something. I mean.... I like pit bulls fine enough but can't ever see myself actively looking for a pit bull for my next pet- they just don't fit my lifestyle well. Same goes for lots of breeds like labs, terriers in general and sight hounds (unfortunately).