Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

There is a wheaton I see everytime I go to the dog park. Hes a very good dog, very active!! But of course, hes a terrier. Hes not dog aggressive or human aggressive AT all!

I would never own one just cause I don't like the way they look!

Quote:
But i am really sorry to hear all those bad experiences you had with them......i Honestly have never heard or seen anything like that......I bet all of those dogs dont get enough exercize and that is why they were so crazy and aggresive......Lack of exercize can make Any dog go nuts.
Almost every lab I have met at the dog park had issues. There are DA labs there, there are HA labs there. For example, there is a man who brings his lab to the dog park several hours a day, and that dog is DA. He starts fights with all kind of dogs, and his owners ALWAYS blames the OTHER dogs. I guess he is in denial. I leave when he gets there.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Quote:
Actually Im at my boyfriends house ATM and the next door lab (a chocolate lab) is the most aggressive dog I have ever seen. Blaze was attacked by him 2 weeks ago. that dog went in for the kill. I cant even put Blaze in their back yard becuase the dog trys and DIGS under the fence to get him. I don't blame the breed, I blame the owners. but either way they still do attack.
I was bitten by both a Golden Retriever & a Lab. Everyone thinks all Labs are good dogs, they're just perfect & that's why they're so popular. They could not be further than wrong.

Our neighbor in the town we used to live in had two Golden Retrievers that were very DA. They killed an elderly Rottweiler, mauled & killed my friend's Dachshund and when my mom ran out and grabbed the Dachshund the Goldens tore into her until she let the Dachshund go. They ripped into my past pit bull, and attacked Georgia when they broke into our yard before we moved.

Quote:
But i am really sorry to hear all those bad experiences you had with them......i Honestly have never heard or seen anything like that......I bet all of those dogs dont get enough exercize and that is why they were so crazy and aggresive......Lack of exercize can make Any dog go nuts.......

But in those cases with the labs you came in contact with it is the owners fault completly.
We rescued a yellow Lab puppy two months ago who one month ago bit into Kierstyn, who is 2 years old. Kierstyn got a rip down her face, two black eyes and puncture marks.

Quote:
Almost every lab I have met at the dog park had issues. There are DA labs there, there are HA labs there. For example, there is a man who brings his lab to the dog park several hours a day, and that dog is DA. He starts fights with all kind of dogs, and his owners ALWAYS blames the OTHER dogs. I guess he is in denial. I leave when he gets there.
Every Lab I've met at the dog park and the lake growls profusely at my dogs and are DA.

And have to add, my Labs can't be further from perfect. In fact, all of the dog breeds I've had I have had better luck with than my Labs. & I will never own Labs again.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
I was bitten by both a Golden Retriever & a Lab. Everyone thinks all Labs are good dogs, they're just perfect & that's why they're so popular. They could not be further than wrong.

Our neighbor in the town we used to live in had two Golden Retrievers that were very DA. They killed an elderly Rottweiler, mauled & killed my friend's Dachshund and when my mom ran out and grabbed the Dachshund the Goldens tore into her until she let the Dachshund go. They ripped into my past pit bull, and attacked Georgia when they broke into our yard before we moved.

We rescued a yellow Lab puppy two months ago who one month ago bit into Kierstyn, who is 2 years old. Kierstyn got a rip down her face, two black eyes and puncture marks.

Every Lab I've met at the dog park and the lake growls profusely at my dogs and are DA.

And have to add, my Labs can't be further from perfect. In fact, all of the dog breeds I've had I have had better luck with than my Labs. & I will never own Labs again.
Blame the popularity, not the breed. I have only had one bad experience with a lab, but that was my fault. The rest I have meet were the best dogs.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm All Ears

In lab's defense, while they are totally NOT the dog for me, we used to have one named Pete. Handsome black lab, very muscular guy with a gorgeous head. He was a fabulous dog, very eager to please, VERY smart, very dedicated. Active, but he had a decent off switch. No mean bone in his body, and one of the best retrievers that i've ever seen.

That's a good reason to meet a well bred lab, imo. A well bred retriever is a very good dog. Pete was from field champions and was just a wonderful animal.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Such a shame you've had such bad experiences ! When breeds become popular ,one has to be very careful where they come from .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post

You rescued a yellow lab puppy? How old was the Puppy? And how did you rescue it? Personally i am pretty sure you should Not leave a 2 year old alone with any dog/puppy......and considering she was 2 years old (a baby still) and it was a Puppy...the puppy was being a puppy and Obviously got a lil out of hand....i wasn't there but sounds to me that someone should of been there watching the 2 of them And its Never too early to start training the puppy Obedience training. And with any rescue dog/puppy they are going to have Way more issues as if you went to a breeder. I am sorry that happened to her.......But in this case you shouldn't be blaming it all on the puppy.

Let me guess the puppy is back at the shelter?
Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Twin 2.0

Tasha, there's a big thread on this subject that you might want to go read if you're in the mood for some shivers up your spine. This dog, at almost 12 months of age, is not exactly a "puppy" anymore.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Original Twin

I wouldn't own a Golden Retriever or a Lab if you paid me to. I also wouldn't consider virtually any of the toy breeds or for that matter, most small breeds, including most terrriers. I would never be able to own any sort of bully breed either, though I do like them.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:13 AM
Puppy Dog

I would have any dog that needed a home. though i wouldn't look to get a small dog, I like big dogs think i like to compensate for my hight lol im a shortie.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I wouldn't turn down a dog in need no matter what breed it was, but like others said, there are some breeds I would not actively seek out.
Poodles- they can be great dogs, but they're not for me.
Pekingese, Bichon Frise, Yorkie, Pomeranian, etc. I think Lucy will be my last small dog. I adore her so much, but I do best with medium sized breeds.
I worship the herding group. Millie is really my absolute ideal dog. I can't think of a quality I want in a dog that she doesn't have. She has some lab in her, but is primarily border collie, which also shows so much in her temperament.