Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

The ADBA will not allow bitches in heat to show, nor can they even be on the showgrounds (although if you aren't showing a dog, you cannot bring your dog ).

I've seen several people be made to leave due to bringing a bitch in heat.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

I've seen several bitches in season at dog shows... but never someone breeding one
Old 07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
OH no, the famous one I heard from a neighbors kids was **crying** Mommy, the dogs are stuck together, are they going to stay like that?!
My cousin did that!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

Yup, like others have said, its the normal here to show bitches in heat, and infact so have done myself, as my girl's season never effected her performance ( I was lucky on that one!). Some bitches get very iffy about being gone over "back there" and you just have to wait it out til the cycle is over. Its good manners to inform all the fellow handlers/exhibitors, and when its time for your individual exam, inform the judge. No one wants that mess!

I have never seen a breeding at a show, but of course have heard of it in hotel rooms, as was the case of how my mother's bitch was concieved LOL. Humans do it, why not dogs *dies*

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
Bitches in season are COMMONPLACE at dog shows. Everyone shows bitches in season, it is expected. One does observe common courtesies by waiting in a discreet area away from male dogs, and informing exhibitors with male dogs that your bitch is in season so that they are informed.

I have no real comment on the breeding, except that yes, I would think it would be arranged in a different area after show hours.

Absolutely correct. Bitches in season are genrally shown despite it, depending on how that particular dogs responds to shows while in season.
Breedings at shows happen....dogs on the road weeke to week need to find some common place to meet, which is commonly at shows.
Though, generally it is not done out in the open, it is done at the camper, motor home, motel room, ect.

In general, breedings are not suppose to take place on the grounds, just as puppy whelping is not actually suppose to be done on the grounds...but behind motor home doors alot goes on that cant be seen.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Big Dog

Default Dog Breeding In Snow

I read your story and I just can't believe that they actually did it! Suspicious? Yes! They maybe up for something.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbetcha1018 View Post
I read your story and I just can't believe that they actually did it! Suspicious? Yes! They maybe up for something.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Big Dog

There are MAYBE 2-3% reputable breeders of dogs the rest fall more under titles such as: hoarders, control freaks, subhumans, money hungry...etc.etc.etc.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwillow View Post
There are MAYBE 2-3% reputable breeders of dogs the rest fall more under titles such as: hoarders, control freaks, subhumans, money hungry...etc.etc.etc.
Willow,

I've been your defender here, but that's just plain inaccurate. And insulting, unless you imply that the majority of responsible breeders post on Chaz. You are probably right that responsible breeders are in the minority, but one, the minority is not that small, and two, there are a bunch of breeders out there, whom I would not call "good breeders" by my standards, who are not "hoarders, control freaks, subhuman, money hungry, etc." They are decent people. They love their dogs. They are just ignorant, careless, or just not up to par. They even turn out pretty good dogs, I just think they and their breeding program need some work, and they need to do their homework. We argue ENDLESSLY here about who is and is not a responsible breeder and exactly what responsible breeders do, but I think most of us would not characterize all breeders not up to our standards as you do.

The hoarders, control freaks, subhuamns and money grubbers are out there, but they are probably not the majority, if you lined up all the dog breeders. They just contribute more than their share of puppies, for obvious reasons. You have obviously seen the worst of dog breeders and San Antonio sounds like dog he!! to me. But please keep an open mind. Mostly, those of us here are on your side, and there's no need to be confrontational, or lecture us. Argue, sure. But listen to what we say, and respond appropriately. You might learn something about the other side of the dog world, or about allies you didn't know you had.
You want to know about our rescue work, look at the Fila thread, where a bunch of us are trying to figure out how to rescue a dog we haven't even met and move her to Texas. Some of us are constantly involved in rescue . . . some of us help when we can. But we do help, even the breeders, which, notably, I am not.

Edit: I think breeding a dog in public is tacky, though I can see with the travel issues "getting a room." I do disapprove of the stud's owners breeding him to THAT bitch under THOSE circumstances.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 08-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh, it's *you*

Lilavati agreed as far as your first statements. Makes me sorry I offered help and input privately with their situation. Talk about slapped in the face.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/