Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Water Junkie

Southern states? Where are you, if you don't mind me asking?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 07-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Looks like a lovely pup !!!! But how many females does she breed and have they been tested ??
Oh yes she is meticulous about having her dogs checked. A vet comes out to her ranch as well as seeing them at the office. I know a lot of people with her dogs through the years and none of them has had any serious issues with their Goldens. My vet actually bought two Goldens from her in the 80's and a few of his family members continue to buy from her. So she is well known and I really trust her.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

Louisiana
Old 07-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
There is such a wonderful difference knowing the history of the parents and knowing the temperament that the dog will have being a full breed
Just because a dog is of a certain breed, does NOT mean it will have the supposed temperament of that breed . I have 7 dachshunds, and none are the same. They all have different temperaments and faults.

And there are TONS of golden's in rescues considering they are one of the most overbred breeds.

That is just an FYI, not meaning to say I am against getting dogs from reputable breeders.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Top Dog

Sounding better .... I trust your judgement ! Don't get another pup too soon though !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
Just because a dog is of a certain breed, does NOT mean it will have the supposed temperament of that breed . I have 7 dachshunds, and none are the same. They all have different temperaments and faults.

And there are TONS of golden's in rescues considering they are one of the most overbred breeds.

That is just an FYI, not meaning to say I am against getting dogs from reputable breeders.
No I know what you mean I guess I should say you have an idea of how the temperament will be more so then not having a clue about a mix. I mean Brody is pretty darn crazy for a Golden (He did not come from this breeder) but I love him anyway. He has many strange quirks about him.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Top Dog

UGH!! I have been overruled on the name. His name is going to be Gunner! Great name but I don't think it fits a Golden and I sure don't think it fits him. I was thinking more along the lines of Cooper.

GUNNER???
Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

Gunner means soldier or warrior!! Perfect name for a GS or a Rott but a Golden?! Maybe it will grow on me.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Top Dog

If he has a line that goes way back , I can give you lots of names !!! Have Pedigrees back to the '40s. ! Rip was the first #1 Golden .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
If he has a line that goes way back , I can give you lots of names !!! Have Pedigrees back to the '40s. ! Rip was the first #1 Golden .
I actually have not even looked at his family history yet. We have never given the show names and registered any of our Goldens We have all the paperwork but I guess I figured we would never mate or show them. A friend of mine has Goldens that she does not plan on showing but she has hers registered. I wonder if it is to late for Baxter? I will have to look into this.